Thanks to all the Sponsors to the SC Shootout

007_SuperCoupe

I've seen a lot of thanks to sposnors to the shootout, but not an official thread dedicated to thanking the sponsors who made this year's SC Shootout a very successful event. Let this be the official thread on the boards to formally thank all the sponsors who helped make this year's shootout another great success.

I have no idea if I'll be getting them all, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm going to give it a try.

First, I'd like to thank C&L Performance. Without their continued support, I doubt that the shootout would be a reality. Their contributions went very far in securing the track...no track, no shootout.

I'd also like to thank Magnum Powers. Charles, it was great getting to meet you and see an MPIII up close and personal. Thanks to for the MPIII for raffle, even though I did not win it. It did go to a good home and will be well used.

Thanks go to Bill Evanoff of Super Coupe Performance. Thanks again for your contiued support.

There is also Victor from Spinning Wheels I'd like to thank.

Coy Miller also helped sponsor the shootout this year. Thanks for the help. I would have really liked to see the SC there...maybe next year.

Snow Performance also sponsored the shootout this year. Thanks for the sponsorship!

I would also like to thank the leadership of SCCoA for their sponsorship. Lunch at the dyno was good.

I'd also like to thank the committee members for the SC Shootout. These are the guys (and gals) who spent countless hours setting everything up, making sure that the event was a successful shootout. I know that I don't know all the people who were behind the scenes so I won't even try to mention the ones that I do know. Just let it be said, that it is probably one of the most thankless jobs for the overall shootout. Even at the event, they couldn't really enjoy the spoils of thier labor, because they were still working the shootout, making it a success.

There's really not enough thanks that can be said to all the people and organizations who made this year's event a darn good time. Thanks to all!

If I missed a sponsor, I apologize. Please someone let me know so we can get them the recognition they deserve.

Oh Yeah Awesome Event

Folks this was my first Shootout, and it came down to days wether or not I was going to make it and obviously, I'm very glad I did.

The Sponsors for this event have provided not only monetary support, but products, and most importantly their time. Time is the 1 commodity you can't get back, so thanks so much for the hard work and dedication to the SC Community. Your support was very much appreciated before and during the event.

Again I thank you very much for your hard work and look forward to next years event. If help is needed just let me know I will be glad to help out.

Smitty

:I'mWithStupid: *points at Sam* :D

I agree.. it was a great time this weekend and without the sponsors, it would been a bunch of people standing around a parking lot doing nothing :D

-Melon

Thanks to all the sponsors, lets keep this event alive.
It was nice meeting Charles Warner, Magnum powers

Thanks to C&L performance, Its the only MAF on all three of my cars.
SC Performance, Bill
Spinning Wheels, Victor
Coy Miller, we took 2nd , only .003 difference & Almost got it with your motor!
Snow Performance,..I need a kit, may have been the diff of 12.17 & 11.99 ET.
SCCOA...thanks for being there for all of us!
Also Dave & Connie, & eveyone else who worked so hard to put this event together.

Todd & Michele

The boys above me said it well. It was great to meet Charles up close, his dedication to the SC community is great. Thanks C&L, Spinning Wheels, and Snow Performance. I am really looking forward to doing it again.

Thank you Dave, Connie, Jenn, Tanya, Kathy and the SC commitee for making this happen.

Dave

I want to say thanks to all the sponsers espicaly C&L and supercoupe performance, magnum powers and others.

As in the past I will continue to look first and foremost to the companies that give back to the SC community when making purchases for my car.

A big thanks to all of this year's sponsors for helping make the 3rd Annual SC/XR7 Shootout the premier SC/XR7 event.

It interests me how many people think this event is solely about racing. I didn't get to make a single run but had a great time with old friends and making new ones. Being broken virtually all weekend I must have had 20 people who helped me at one time or another with my car. I installed an aftermarket fan, dyno'd, blew my FMIC, pulled the IC, had it welded, reinstalled, dyno'd again, went to the track, blew my axles, pulled both axles, attempted to get the debris out of diff, reassembled the rear end, pulled the tranny and installed in in Marc's car, pushed the car onto the trailer.......yada yada.

The racing and dyno competitions are excellent but there is so much more that this event offers that a car is certainly not required to have a great time.

Well said Brian....my car breaks every year and I still have a great time.

Big thanks to the sponsors, especially C&L and Magnum Powers.

David

Here is a picture of Charles Warner of MAGNUM POWERS.
the picture was taken at the shootout dyno room,standing
in front of his great MP MAGIII .

Charles, thanks for the extra RWHP I got from your
MAGIII blower over my MPII blower.I picked up more
than enough RWHP for Connie to win the first place
in the Stock Street class at the Shootout.And we
dropped off over .450sec off our ET from the last
Shootout we made with the MPII blower.

Thanks for getting this blower to me in time for the
shootout.Connie would not have won without using your
new MP MAGIII.

And I would also like to thank David Dalke of Super Coupe
Unlimited for the tune Thursday, and then getting up to tune
my car Sunday at 2:00 am in the morning before race day.
Letting Connie ride to the shootout with Connie.

And my LENTECH Street Terminator worked great.Thanks LEN
for the Strip terminator upgrades.And supporting the shootout.

My C&L 76mm MAF worked flawless during the shootout SS win.
And A BIG Thanks for supporting the 2005 shootout C&L.

I have one dyno sheet that shows a 280 rwhp with these
vendors parts on a stock long block.Thanks all for your help
and making those numbers possible.Especially MP.

And thanks to the TBU crew for the entertaining cruise home.
And I still can smell dog~~~~ from passing BIG-CASH. :D
Thanks to the special guest appearance of BIG-CASH and his parking lot
auction. Hope he appears next year.

Thanks RANDY & CONNIE

Attachments

• charles.jpg
    charles.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
My thanks also to the sponsors - without their financial help, I don't see how these shootouts would be possible.

I'd especially like to thank Victor and Spinning Wheels for creating the Oldest Living Participant award. I guess I won it hands down: a very nice tach.

Also to Snow Performance for the Guy Who Needed Water Injection The Most award for the gift certificate.

Even though I almost got to participate, It was still a good time! I'm getting closer, though: maybe next year...

No way you are going to win that oldest participant in ALL the upcoming events...Lets see...Im 29 and you are 60. So...next year I will be half your age...See...Im gaining on you, and soon I will win the award.

Chris

Back