Gauging interest in a shootout video.

Jeremy_K

Hey guys, I'm currently working with Birdman93 to put together a DVD of the shootout. First, I'd like to get an idea of who would be interested. He plans on selling them for $7.95 with $4.00 of each DVD going to a fund towards the next shootout. If you were at the shootout you probably saw me (or my wife) shooting quite a bit of video. I have almost every car videoed on the dyno. Some with dyno #s some without. I also have clips of Dave N's turbo flybys in front of the dyno, Todd Jelles AR flybys and a short clip from inside his AR car, Most all of the hotel burnouts, video of a convoy of SCs enroute to the track, Many races at the track, Dave N's turbo at the track, Chris Lazzo's turbo at the track, Dave D's cougar snapping the driveshaft videoed from right behind him. Those are mostly the highlights.
Tony (Birdman93) has a studio and video editing experience and has agreed to do this for those of us who attended and those of us who would like to see what they missed :D License plates will all be blurred and any profanity though there was little will be deleted. I will get with Seawalkersee because I know he had taped much of the awards ceremony and I did not. We can also add that if there is interest.
I am not making a dime off of this. I am just sending the video off to be edited. The video in it's raw form is 51 minutes long. If anyone objects to being on the video then please let myself or Birdman93 know via email or PM. We will not proceed with making the video until we have an idea of how y'all would like it to be. Tony wanted to know if anyone would like a soundtrack during the video and I told him that the majority would probably want to hear the blowers and exhausts instead.
Please let us know if you would be interested. Thank You
-Jeremy

Last edited:
V8Supercoupe said:
Yeah, but can we make this downloadable for those with highspeed? Then we could have it almost immediately.

Skip
I'm pretty sure Tony can do that. I'll check and make sure.

I am going to ask that it not be made available on the download because I would like to see the proceeds to to the next shootout. I talk a lot during my tape and sound like a tool at times so a sound clip over it would be good.

Chris

seawalkersee said:
I am going to ask that it not be made available on the download because I would like to see the proceeds to to the next shootout. I talk a lot during my tape and sound like a tool at times so a sound clip over it would be good.

Chris

Sorry Skip,

I am with Chirs on this. Oh and Chris, I wanna hear your commentary :D

Dave

seawalkersee said:

Chris
That is true. It should go to proceed the next shootout.
My wife likes to talk during the tape too! We'll make sure that gets edited. :D
Chris, Just send a letter with your tape when it comes time, describing what you want either silenced or sampled over with music.

If anyone else has video that they would like to contribute then by all means, email or PM me. We will make sure that you get your original back.

Big Cat Davo said:
Sorry Skip,

I am with Chirs on this. Oh and Chris, I wanna hear your commentary :D

Dave
Dave, yours is REALLY good. I mean it was like a sports caster next to a player that was pumped from a 100 yard touch down or something. The only thing missing was a "back to you Chuck" after I show the axles.

I believe the sound track will be necessary because there are just dead spots at times with me talking to someone in the distance that you can not hear on the camera or me on the cell phone.

Skip, this is not to be rude that I suggest that either. After the new shootout is scheduled an/or what not, I have no problem with it being e-mailed to people. There are parts on the tape (very hard to hear) where Dave D explains how it was a good thing that C&L chipped in the extra loot for the track. I think, even with the few donations that come from this, that we can make a dent towards track fees, trophy costs, or dyno time. I wouldnt have a problem even if it went to help out to recoupe the cost of the people who actually have the tune. Whatever it goes to, as long as it is 06 shootout related, I think that is best.

Chris

Back