Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: New Best Time for my 95 SC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    489

    New Best Time for my 95 SC

    Well I guess the title says it all! I took my car to Houston Raceway Park tonight to see if I could improve on my times from the Shootout which last week I was very happy with to say the least but tonights times were even better (13.775@99.36). Thanks need to go to David Dalke for tuning my car last week it is running great and the time slips show it!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    988
    Those are very impressive numbers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTSC
    Those are very impressive numbers.
    Thanks I am pretty happy with it so far but I still think I can get it to go 13.50-13.60 if I swap the stock convertor for something just a little looser. I am having to leave soft at aboout 1300-1400 or it spins even with drag radials but considering the fact that it is a completely stock motor includng supercharger and inlet with just a few bolt ons I guess I won't complain.

    Charles

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Romeoville, IL
    Posts
    809
    Nice numbers.I've pulled similar numbers to yours last year.I've had problems with drag radials too.Get some slicks and higher stall torque convertor ,than hit the track again.
    Congrats on your new numbers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Medicine Hat, Alberta
    Posts
    706
    Congrats Charles, the tracks up here are closed for the year, or I would be pushing for more. We will have to wait for next year to see If I can get back in front of you.

    Dave

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    1,793

    Great

    Charles,
    That is great news. That is something like .2 quicker than the shootout isn't it! Maybe the cooler air is helping ?

    Congrats!

    Still don't have that MPIII bolted on yet!!

    Smitty
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........TBD
    506.30 rwhp, 545.37tq
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik95SC
    Charles,
    That is great news. That is something like .2 quicker than the shootout isn't it! Maybe the cooler air is helping ?

    Congrats!

    Still don't have that MPIII bolted on yet!!

    Smitty
    Yea it is .2 quicker and almost 2 mph faster than the Shootout and the best part is it wasn't really that cool, temps were mid to upper 70's. I think if I can manage to get to the track when the temps are mid 50's to low 60's it should run in the 13.5-13.6 range at a little better than 100 mph but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

    Charles

    P.S.
    Get the MPIII bolted on already!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by 83GT460
    Yea it is .2 quicker and almost 2 mph faster than the Shootout and the best part is it wasn't really that cool, temps were mid to upper 70's. I think if I can manage to get to the track when the temps are mid 50's to low 60's it should run in the 13.5-13.6 range at a little better than 100 mph but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

    Charles

    P.S.
    Get the MPIII bolted on already!
    Would love to but without the proper Tb, Intake and MAF it is kinda silly to waste the effort and swap things out more than once, that is why I am selling the original stuff to raise money for the needed upgrades to take advantage of the MPIII.

    Take care!!
    Venetian Blue 1995 5 Spd...............No ET
    Orange Crush Pearl 1995 Auto SC........TBD
    506.30 rwhp, 545.37tq
    Garage:http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=13

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Madison, Ohio
    Posts
    17,594
    Not at all! Bolt that bad boy on there and go. You can make 300rwhp through the stock TB and MA. I did!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Posts
    454
    Charles-

    What SC are you running on that??

    -Trey

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Treys92
    Charles-

    What SC are you running on that??

    -Trey
    I am running the stock 95 supercharger and inlet. The only porting is on the inlet where the throttle body bolts on and that was just done to match the 75mm throttle body.

    Charles

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Louisville, Co
    Posts
    168
    Those gears you got in there are making you probably a full second faster! I made similar numbers and with my stock 2.73's at 6000FT at 90* I ran a 16.1, which at sea-level, I guess is equivilent to a 14.8.

    That's pretty damned good!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoof
    Those gears you got in there are making you probably a full second faster! I made similar numbers and with my stock 2.73's at 6000FT at 90* I ran a 16.1, which at sea-level, I guess is equivilent to a 14.8.

    That's pretty damned good!
    The gears do make a huge difference, but also the numbers from the dyno were without alcohol and some extra timing in the motor so they are not completely accurate.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the Whopper
    Posts
    3,453
    Awesome job Charles. Makes me sick man....you go from, "I think it's got 13's in it." to a few weeks later going solid 13.50's. Auto guys get all the glory.

    OH, and if you can best a 13.54 you'll take the new title of quickest bolt on only SC from Kurt!

    Micah

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Micahdogg
    Awesome job Charles. Makes me sick man....you go from, "I think it's got 13's in it." to a few weeks later going solid 13.50's. Auto guys get all the glory.

    OH, and if you can best a 13.54 you'll take the new title of quickest bolt on only SC from Kurt!

    Micah
    Thanks Micah! Actually David Dalke told me the other day how close I was getting to grabbing the title from Kurt and it may happen but if not oh well. I really think my car has gone about as fast as it is going to without more mods since I bolted on new 18" tires & wheels it may even slow down a little.

Similar Threads

  1. who all runs 12's?
    By 5speedxr7 in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-04-2004, 01:49 AM
  2. 1st time with the 5spd cougar
    By getblown in forum Racing/Track Results
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 02:13 AM
  3. Car Stauling @ The track (my 1st time)
    By SuperCoupeSC91 in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 08:30 PM
  4. time slips
    By al35thsc in forum Super Coupe Club of Southern California
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-01-2002, 04:10 PM
  5. 2nd time at the track (milan). 14.887@93.95 MPH.
    By 91BLOWNSC in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-18-2002, 02:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •