New Best Time for my 95 SC

83GT460

Well I guess the title says it all! I took my car to Houston Raceway Park tonight to see if I could improve on my times from the Shootout which last week I was very happy with to say the least but tonights times were even better (13.775@99.36). Thanks need to go to David Dalke for tuning my car last week it is running great and the time slips show it!

1FASTSC said:
Those are very impressive numbers.

Thanks I am pretty happy with it so far but I still think I can get it to go 13.50-13.60 if I swap the stock convertor for something just a little looser. I am having to leave soft at aboout 1300-1400 or it spins even with drag radials but considering the fact that it is a completely stock motor includng supercharger and inlet with just a few bolt ons I guess I won't complain.

Charles

Nice numbers.I've pulled similar numbers to yours last year.I've had problems with drag radials too.Get some slicks and higher stall torque convertor ,than hit the track again.
Congrats on your new numbers.

Congrats Charles, the tracks up here are closed for the year, or I would be pushing for more. We will have to wait for next year to see If I can get back in front of you.

Dave

Great

Charles,
That is great news. That is something like .2 quicker than the shootout isn't it! Maybe the cooler air is helping ?

Congrats!

Still don't have that MPIII bolted on yet!!

Smitty

Quik95SC said:
Charles,
That is great news. That is something like .2 quicker than the shootout isn't it! Maybe the cooler air is helping ?

Congrats!

Still don't have that MPIII bolted on yet!!

Smitty

Yea it is .2 quicker and almost 2 mph faster than the Shootout and the best part is it wasn't really that cool, temps were mid to upper 70's. I think if I can manage to get to the track when the temps are mid 50's to low 60's it should run in the 13.5-13.6 range at a little better than 100 mph but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Charles

P.S.
Get the MPIII bolted on already!

83GT460 said:
Yea it is .2 quicker and almost 2 mph faster than the Shootout and the best part is it wasn't really that cool, temps were mid to upper 70's. I think if I can manage to get to the track when the temps are mid 50's to low 60's it should run in the 13.5-13.6 range at a little better than 100 mph but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Charles

P.S.
Get the MPIII bolted on already!

Would love to but without the proper Tb, Intake and MAF it is kinda silly to waste the effort and swap things out more than once, that is why I am selling the original stuff to raise money for the needed upgrades to take advantage of the MPIII.

Take care!!

Not at all! Bolt that bad boy on there and go. You can make 300rwhp through the stock TB and MA. I did!

Treys92 said:
Charles-

What SC are you running on that??

-Trey

I am running the stock 95 supercharger and inlet. The only porting is on the inlet where the throttle body bolts on and that was just done to match the 75mm throttle body.

Charles

Those gears you got in there are making you probably a full second faster! I made similar numbers and with my stock 2.73's at 6000FT at 90* I ran a 16.1, which at sea-level, I guess is equivilent to a 14.8.

That's pretty damned good!

Smoof said:
Those gears you got in there are making you probably a full second faster! I made similar numbers and with my stock 2.73's at 6000FT at 90* I ran a 16.1, which at sea-level, I guess is equivilent to a 14.8.

That's pretty damned good!

The gears do make a huge difference, but also the numbers from the dyno were without alcohol and some extra timing in the motor so they are not completely accurate.

Awesome job Charles. Makes me sick man....you go from, "I think it's got 13's in it." to a few weeks later going solid 13.50's. Auto guys get all the glory. :)

OH, and if you can best a 13.54 you'll take the new title of quickest bolt on only SC from Kurt!

Micah

Micahdogg said:
Awesome job Charles. Makes me sick man....you go from, "I think it's got 13's in it." to a few weeks later going solid 13.50's. Auto guys get all the glory. :)

OH, and if you can best a 13.54 you'll take the new title of quickest bolt on only SC from Kurt!

Micah

Thanks Micah! Actually David Dalke told me the other day how close I was getting to grabbing the title from Kurt and it may happen but if not oh well. I really think my car has gone about as fast as it is going to without more mods since I bolted on new 18" tires & wheels it may even slow down a little.

83GT460 said:
Thanks Micah! Actually David Dalke told me the other day how close I was getting to grabbing the title from Kurt and it may happen but if not oh well. I really think my car has gone about as fast as it is going to without more mods since I bolted on new 18" tires & wheels it may even slow down a little.
I think you should just open that engine up and go for big numbers :) No need to worry about my numbers. BTW, the only reason why you didn't beat my numbers is because you didn't blow both head gaskets on your pass :eek:

Anyway, congrats on the new times.

edit: Looks like I can hold onto the 101 mph though :)

Kurt K said:
I think you should just open that engine up and go for big numbers :) No need to worry about my numbers. BTW, the only reason why you didn't beat my numbers is because you didn't blow both head gaskets on your pass :eek:

Anyway, congrats on the new times.

edit: Looks like I can hold onto the 101 mph though :)

I would just as soon let you hang on to the title if it means me blowing my head gaskets just to beat you. I believe that on Friday night your numbers will be in serious trouble if I keep the 16" wheels on it because Sunday when I got these times there was at least a 20 mph headwind coming straight down the track. As for opening the motor up that will be happening over the next few months.

Charles

Kurt K said:
Just curious, what's your race weight?

Good luck Friday night! ***fingers crossed*** :D

I believe it was 3960 with me in the car at the Shootout, so somewhere in that range give or take 50 pounds. I always try to arrive at the track with less than a quarter of a tank so the weight stays pretty consistent.

Man....I keep forgetting that I was racing with an absolutely topped off tank of gas at the Shootout. My mph was down from the 102's I was running last year to just over 100. But if I was at a 1/4 tank of gas that would have not only put me up to the 101's (which would have been more acceptable), but could have pushed me into the 13.70's.

Mental note, return to the track with 1/4 tank of gas, REAL 93 octane, and racing seats :)

Micah

Back