How much is this worth??

M

mn1293-232

Well since Iam new on here I will introduce myself. My name is shaun and I live in WI> I currently own a 1993 t'bird LX. Iam a mechanic by trade and love cars. Iam also on the TCCOA boards often. Iam looking to purchase a 89 SC. The detail of the car is as follows. 140k miles, fresh black paint, new headlights, no rust, body looks nice, interior looks awesome for mileage, cloth interior, factory non premium sound, 5 speed, no moonroof, just a pretty basic SC. The price of the car is $2500 firm. Correct me if Iam wrong but doesent that seem a bit pricey>?? I havent been able to get a hold of the owner as of yet. Maybe I could justify this if there has been some work done on the car. Iam very knowledgeable about these cars and have worked on quite a few SC's also. Please hit me back with what You'll think. Much appreciated!!!

Fair Market Value from Kelly is $1,330-True Market Value from Edmunds is $1,360-that's at selling by private party-dealership is $2400-$2500

Well,

If the car has "NEW" paint and "NEW" headlights and such, these add into the price of the car. Usually, a 1989 SC with 140,000 miles would sell for about $1400. Unforturnately, these cars are not yet holding their value very well.

How New is the paint????? 5-speed or auto. If auto, how's the trans???? If the trans is auto, how's it run when HOT!!!! This is very important since these transmissions are known for over-heating the fluid.

If the body is in great shape and the rest seems good, I'd offer $2000 if EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING is perfect. If no, well, depends how much you want it.

Again, look at who did the paint. A cheap paint job will look GREAT for about a year and then.............AHHHHHHH....No good..

Don

Back