New Best ET

Slysc

I went to the Ford Motorsport Club event at Milan dragway tonight and ran a:
12.30 @ 113.94 mph with a 1.76 60 ft. The track was pretty sticky and the air was cool. One of my runs was a 12.43 @ 114.25 with a 1.88 60 ft. time. On that run, I launched at a lower rpm, and I missed my 3rd to 4th shift yet my mph was higher too bad I missed the shift or that coulda been even better. The 114 mph run was right after a guy in a Malibu (yes, they let Chevys in too) did a wheelstand, scraped his bumper, slammed down his front end, then hit it again and lost control hitting the wall and injuring himself. It took a long time to clear the track so my car had a while to cool.

There was another SC there. A guy with a 95 SC with a fresh Coy Miller CMRE R engine. Unfortunately he had regular street tires and couldn't hook up so his times reflected the 2.5 sec. 60 ft.

Good to see the car is coming around. Did you retorque the heads? I replied to the email you sent after the shootout, did you get it?

Paul

Paul,

I got your e-mail. Thanks. I need to get my file out of that laptop to I can e-mail it. I didn't retorque yet. I haven't had any of the leakage that I saw at the shootout. I'm not sure why.

1FAST, check out my member page, my mods are listed.

Kurt,

I have much better excuses for 3rd place.

Cowl seal was off and it put backpressure on my IC air flow.

My blower was hot from lapping the park.

I missed 4th gear.

3rd place is my destiny, I have a closet full of 3rd place metals, ribbons, etc.

Your an alien and you ordered down a tractor beam from the mothership to hold me back.

The track was facing north and because my battery is in the trunk, my car has reverse polarity and magnetic forces resist my car from going north. Also, because your car has more mass and your battery is under your hood, you had greater magnetic force pulling you north.

I wasn't used to my new windsheild yet and didn't see the lights right.

Slysc said:
Kurt,

I missed 4th gear.

3rd place is my destiny, I have a closet full of 3rd place metals, ribbons, etc.

Your an alien and you ordered down a tractor beam from the mothership to hold me back.

The track was facing north and because my battery is in the trunk, my car has reverse polarity and magnetic forces resist my car from going north. Also, because your car has more mass and your battery is under your hood, you had greater magnetic force pulling you north.

You crazy.......

What have you done to you car since your last ET?

Slysc said:
Kurt,

I missed 4th gear.

:)
Now those are some good excuses :p

Awesome

Dan,
That is great! I know you were a little frustrated at the shootout, but it looks like it has come together nicely for you.

Look forward to seeing you at next years shootout!!

Smitty

Good work Dan!! See what happens when you put your hood pins in!!! :D Seriously, you should tape a big note to the steering wheel when you're at the track that says:

HOOD PINS !!!

cheers
Ed N.

Nice run DAN

That was an impressive run Dan

I find it extremely impressive because you have fabricated all your own Items You dont hear whats fast and go buy it YOU JUST BUILD YOUR OWN

You did your own heads
made your own (Looks like from mars ) Throttle body setup
Made you own Front mount intercooler setup
Fabricated your own exhaust system
Built and ported your own M90 BLOWER

Built your own Bottom end. that is different then the norm as far as what everyone else is running

I just want to give you a big thumbs UP Dan

Keep up the good work and Keep giving me all the great advice /Ideas

supercatxr7 said:
Great run Dan. Hopefully you can hit a 12.2 or 12.1 before the snow hits.
I just wish the darn track was still open around here. Not that my slipping transmission would do any better. It just bothers me that St Louis closes their track so early in the season.

Slysc said:
Kurt,

I missed 4th gear.

Now that's funny right there!

Mark,

Let me know if your going to the track anytime soon. I'd like to go to Milan, if your concerned about Milan being too far, if you break something, I can trailer you home.

Back