Seafoam Rocks!!!!

90XR7Cougar5spd

I had all kinds of neighbors pissed at me for this, he he he. Aparently they dont like it when a truck fills up the neighborhood with SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• seafoam rocks 1.jpg
    seafoam rocks 1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
I've used Seafoam a bunch of times, and I never really got any smoke. Maybe it has to do with gasoline blends that vary by region.

One of my friends says this seafoam stuff is really good stuff. I have never used it though.

Shane

quick35th said:
One of my friends says this seafoam stuff is really good stuff. I have never used it though.

Shane

Seafoam is the best, i told this one fella i know how to use it in the motor, the whole dumping it down a carb, TBI, or vacuum line, well he didnt beleive me. He tried it in his GARAGE! filled it up with smoke really bad, but he said he took his car out for a spin and said it ran alot smoother and better. I use this stuff about twice a year in my truck.

Derek

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Seafoam is the best, i told this one fella i know how to use it in the motor, the whole dumping it down a carb, TBI, or vacuum line, well he didnt beleive me. He tried it in his GARAGE! filled it up with smoke really bad, but he said he took his car out for a spin and said it ran alot smoother and better. I use this stuff about twice a year in my truck.

Derek

Sounds like something fun to do while you are infront of a bunch of frat partys :eek: :p.

Shane

S_Mazza said:
I've used Seafoam a bunch of times, and I never really got any smoke. Maybe it has to do with gasoline blends that vary by region.

You're not using enough then.

Some people add it to the fuel, others add it to the oil. I use it for de-carbonization of the motor. Car idling in the driveway, pull a vac line and suck up about a half a can, a little at a time. Have it suck on it until idle starts to stutter, then back off. then do it again, back off. You get lots of smoke. Then for the last half you just dunk the hose into the can and let it keep sucking until the engine dies. Let it sit like that for a couple hours. Then start the car up.

White smoke all over the place for a good long time. Take it for a spin as it cleans itself out.

Did this on my 1989 ranger with 120k miles. Would nose over at 4k RPM before the process. Afterwards it pulls hard until 4500rpm.

Mike8675309 said:
Let it sit like that for a couple hours. Then start the car up.

I havent ever let it sit for a couple of hours, i usually just let it sit for about 15 min, im always to anxious to see the smoke show!

I used it on my car, whooooeeee it was fun. I bet it would make a good joke on someones SC, put the stuff in there, and they think they blew a HG :eek: lol

xThunderbirdSCx said:
I used it on my car, whooooeeee it was fun. I bet it would make a good joke on someones SC, put the stuff in there, and they think they blew a HG :eek: lol

Hey, i never thought about that, now if there was only more SC around here..........

Somebodys Gotta Do It!

OK, Somebodys gotta ask it, so it might as well be me.

WTH is Seafoam? I only know of 2 kinds. (1) the kind thats actually floatin' around on the ocean, (2) Chocolate covered sea foam candy. I can't imagine either would be too good for your motor.

68COUGAR

Its this stuff, you should really try i out. Youll be happy with the results.
http://stevenbigler.tripod.com/scoutco/id12.html
seafoamcover.jpg

For use in ALL engines, ALL seasons!

use it as an:
-injector cleaner
-carb cleaner
-carbon cleaner
-fuel stabilizer
-deicer anti gel treatment
-upper cyl lube
-frees lifters and rings
-dries oil and fuel
...all in one can!
seafoamgasaps.jpg

seafoamtransaps.jpg

TbirdSC93 said:
how do you use it for the motor in the SC?

I believe that has been answered here already. ;)
Mike8675309 said:
Car idling in the driveway, pull a vac line and suck up about a half a can, a little at a time. Have it suck on it until idle starts to stutter, then back off. then do it again, back off. You get lots of smoke. Then for the last half you just dunk the hose into the can and let it keep sucking until the engine dies. Let it sit like that for a couple hours. Then start the car up.

White smoke all over the place for a good long time. Take it for a spin as it cleans itself out.

Tracy

I saw a video of these guys doing it to their Z06's, VR-4's, LS1 F-bodies, Cobra's, etc... And I thought they were doing crazy jokes or something.

I never heard of this before, but thats pretty interesting.

TbirdSC93 said:
he said thats how he did it for his truck, just verifying there wasnt anything special to do for the SC

For my truck, i just dumped it down the throttle body. If you didnt know, the my truck is fuel injected, but it has a Throttle body on the top that is nothing more than a glorified carburator wit fuel injectors, but yet, its a whole hell of a lot better than a carb. In the SC, u would use a vac. line.

Tbi

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
it has a Throttle body on the top that is nothing more than a glorified carburator wit fuel injectors.
Throttle Body Injection. It's similiar to Holleys Pro-Jection system.

68COUGAR

"You'll be happy with the results"?

xThunderbirdSCx said:
you should really try i out. Youll be happy with the results.
What is MY car doing, or not doing, that this stuff will cure?

It sounds like plain old Petroleum Distillates to me.

Confused 68COUGAR

Back