Sad News, Just Lost My Grandma......

lube70

Well, after two months of not good times and chest pains from heart failure, my grandmother died yesterday. It's very sad because we were very close and for 5 years have taken care of her. She loved the car hobby (being that she drove almost all the older cars!!!) and loved hearing about the car shows and looking at the pictures of the guys and gals there. She especially loved the pictures from Carlisle since all the newer and older cars were there. I would purposely taken HUNDREDS of pictures so that she could go "there" in her mind.

Anyway, just venting and talking (via keyboard), so thanks for reading and if I have learned anything, talk to your parents and grandparents about the past and what they had done. You will be suprised at what "the other generations" did back in the day. I can't believe my grandmother drove to Washington D.C. in a 1925 Model A Ford before there was really roads from Northern New Jersey!!!!

Thanks guys...

Don

I'm really sorry to hear this buddy. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my grandmother just this last Saturday and went to her funeral on Tuesday.

It was hard to watch my mom cry. Within a span of a year and a half, my uncle, aunt, and grandma died. It's sad, but hopefully my grandmother is the last to go for a long time.

Again, my condolences to you. :(

Don:

Let me offer our condolences to you and your family on your loss. No matter how it happens it can be very tough to take. My grandmother that I was closest to passed away 13 years ago and I still think about her often. She was born in 1900 and it amazes me the changes in the world she was able to experience in her (almost) 92 years.

It sounds like she lived a vibrant life and remained involved in you and your children's lives. For that, you have all benefitted and can carry that memory.

Celebrate her life and the good that she has left behind.

Again, from Julie, Victoria and myself, best wishes in your time of sorrow.

Scott

lube70 said:
Well, after two months of not good times and chest pains from heart failure, my grandmother died yesterday. It's very sad because we were very close and for 5 years have taken care of her. She loved the car hobby (being that she drove almost all the older cars!!!) and loved hearing about the car shows and looking at the pictures of the guys and gals there. She especially loved the pictures from Carlisle since all the newer and older cars were there. I would purposely taken HUNDREDS of pictures so that she could go "there" in her mind.

Anyway, just venting and talking (via keyboard), so thanks for reading and if I have learned anything, talk to your parents and grandparents about the past and what they had done. You will be suprised at what "the other generations" did back in the day. I can't believe my grandmother drove to Washington D.C. in a 1925 Model A Ford before there was really roads from Northern New Jersey!!!!

Thanks guys...

Don

Hey Don!
Sorry but I can't feel unhappy, but I can only CELEBRATE the life of your Grandmother. :) Her glory shines through with your love for her, and I am really happy when I see a post like this in honor of such a lady. Your Grandmother is still very much a part of everyone living in her blood-line which flows through you all right now. I would really be thankful if you would post her full name and share it with us.
I recently lost my Grandfather two weeks ago and it hurt bad, but I have opened my eyes and realized that I should have been celebrating a 93 year old struggle that ended with a victory. ;)
Frank

I feel the same way as Frank. I dont look at death as a bad thing. It is a natural part of the process of life. It is not the death of someone you should mourn, it is the life they lived that you should congratulate. Look at death as just the last step of life. Everyone has to take that step sooner or later. I understand how much you miss her, i recently had 3 people in my family pass also. I never cry at funerals because i know that the person who passed had made a difference, no matter how small, in someones life at sometime or another.
Condolences to you,
Bill

My condolences go out to you as well. I lost My mother a little over a year ago and my grandmother 9 months before that. It was pretty tough to take but as the others here have said, remember to celebrate her life and remember her for all the great things she did. Don't try to hold it all in... if you feel like crying, go for it. It will help you to feel better in the end. Holding it in will just make you feel miserable. But after you let out your feelings of sadness then rejoice, for she is now in a better place and (I believe) you will meet up with her again someday.

Here is a poem I found recently on the "interweb". I thought it was pretty great so I thought I would share it here with/for anyone interested.
God saw you were getting tired
and a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around you
and whispered - Come with Me.

With tearful eyes
we watched you suffer,
and saw you fading away.
Although we loved you dearly,
we could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
working hands were put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.

--author unknown

Tracy

Thanks everyone....

Thanks everyone for your support and words. I know as an Irishman, they say that your funeral should be a party, a rememberance of your life and it's pleasures. She is a great woman and many kind memories will be had.

Don

im really sorry to hear about your grandmother, i lost mine back in 2003, she was closer to me than my parents, so it was really hard, like everyone else has said, dont let yourself get too down, and dont worry about crying, its a good release...hang in there bud....

My condolences. That's really tough. But I congratulate you on taking care of your grandma and sticking together as a family. Our society seems to be designed to break up families, but you bucked the trend. I think we need more people like you standing up for the elderly and the defenseless.

Sorry for your loss...

Don,

Sad news indeed.

My condolences to you and your family and friends. As others have already stated here, I hope that you can celebrate her life rather than dwell on her passing. Great people will always be missed after they're gone, but if we try, we can still enjoy their contributions to our lives with each passing day. I think of the people who I've lost in my life, and they still make me smile and laugh quite often. Memories are a wonderful thing, in that they allow us to take lessons learned from those who go before us, and continue applying them in our daily lives. So long as we consider this, it's almost like they're still with us until our time comes.

Sincerely,

Sean

Thanks....

Thanks for the kind words guys.....We buried her yesterday (Monday, the 7th) and all is over now. Time to move on and live a little. Now the other part begins with the estate and money issues.

Anyhow, thanks again and remember to live life to the fullest.

Don

Back