new best et's......today

Ken Seegers

SCCoA Member
I went to Maple Grove Raceway in PA today the last test and tune. I waited in line for 2.5 hours for my first run. I got in the staging lanes at 10am when they started. Every other run somebody was gerenating someone. I have now come to hate idiots who think their car can shift at 10 grand and stay together. You name the car it blew up....Ricers, rotary motors, Rustangs. Attached are my two slips from today. The only problem I was really having was the car was shifting into OD at 1000' and I had the car in drive.

Attachments

• 2005_1105Image0042a.JPG
    2005_1105Image0042a.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 513
  • 2005_1105Image0043.JPG
    2005_1105Image0043.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 502
It's about time you got your SC into the 13's Ken. :) 13.63 @ 94.85mph is damm good, especially with your car shifting into O.D. Your E.T. and mph don't seem to match up..is it because of shifting into O.D? With that E.T. you'd think at least a 98-99 mph would accompany it.

Something wrong with that track? Are you below sea level? :confused:

Does your speedometer match roughly with the trap speed reported. A 1.9 sec 60' time is respectable but even so how are you getting a 13.6 on that trap speed? You seem to be going .5 sec quicker than the mph would equate to.

Jerry

Shockwave said:

i dont recall the actual level, but when i was at maple grove, the DA was 1270ft above sea level.

Thats a nice track... and nice times! Shifting into O/D was definetely killing your mph and probably a couple hundredths.

Jimmy 2Coupes said:
It's about time you got your SC into the 13's Ken. :) 13.63 @ 94.85mph is damm good, especially with your car shifting into O.D. Your E.T. and mph don't seem to match up..is it because of shifting into O.D? With that E.T. you'd think at least a 98-99 mph would accompany it.
Jimmy,
I believe my times and mph should be better. When the shifts into OD, you can feel it slow down. I am looking at getting a lentech valve body over the winter. I rode in a couple of cars with them. I love their shifts.
Thanks
Ken

Shockwave said:

Does your speedometer match roughly with the trap speed reported. A 1.9 sec 60' time is respectable but even so how are you getting a 13.6 on that trap speed? You seem to be going .5 sec quicker than the mph would equate to.

Jerry
Jerry,
The track is above sea level. The previous et's were 14.3 @ 97. I know my time slip looks funny but with it shifting into OD it kills my mph and et
Thanks
Ken

Nice times Ken.

Was that 04 Cobra stock?? If he could get a better 60 ft. he'd be in the 12's.

Also do you have a transgo shift kit? I had one before I got my lentech valvebody and the car would shift into OD also like yours. When I installed the Lentech I checked the TV cable and it was way loose, surprisingly I never cooked this tranny. I tightened it up and now I get 3rd gear rubber at 1/4 throttle.

Scott Long said:
Nice times Ken.

Was that 04 Cobra stock?? If he could get a better 60 ft. he'd be in the 12's.

Also do you have a transgo shift kit? I had one before I got my lentech valvebody and the car would shift into OD also like yours. When I installed the Lentech I checked the TV cable and it was way loose, surprisingly I never cooked this tranny. I tightened it up and now I get 3rd gear rubber at 1/4 throttle.
Scott,
The 04 Cobra look stock. His mph should be 12's easily.

Yes, I still have a transgo shift kit. I had my tv cable adjusted about a year ago. I am buying a lenctech valve body over the winter with OD delete setup.
Ken

I really like my lentech, it took some getting used to though. It shifts pretty hard at light throttle since I have the TV set at max. If I keep the gas down enough to keep the boost gauge at 0 it will chirp 3rd gear around 30 mph. At 5 psi it won't, but on the floor it will. Its weird like that. But I love being able to feel it shift and I always know what gear I'm in. Plus I just love the look on peoples faces when I get 2nd and 3rd gear rubber or pass them at 70 and chirp the upshift into 3rd....

Should knock a tenth or two since it is shifting faster.

Mine shifts at light throttle like this:

1st to 2nd at 12-15 mph, 2nd to 3rd at 28-30 mph, and 3rd to OD at 53-55 mph if I let up on the gas, or if I stay on it more it will shift around 70-75 mph. If I'm on the floor it holds 3rd to redline.

My transgo would shift 1-2 at 10 mph, 2-3 at 20 mph, and 3-OD at 45mph. It would kick out of OD at 45 also. My lentech will hold OD to 40 if you keep minimal pressure on the gas, but if you go 1/4 throttle or more under 45mph it goes back to 3rd. My transgo would shift 3-OD while in D and it had me scared I was going to hurt the trans. Although I found out my TV had a lot of slack but I had already sold my transgo modified valve body by the time I found that out so hopefully the new owner sets the TV like I told him and he might not experience that problem. Other than that the transgo was ok, but its a whole new car with the lentech.

Last edited:
Ken Seegers said:
I went to Maple Grove Raceway in PA today the last test and tune. I waited in line for 2.5 hours for my first run. I got in the staging lanes at 10am when they started. Every other run somebody was gerenating someone. I have now come to hate idiots who think their car can shift at 10 grand and stay together. You name the car it blew up....Ricers, rotary motors, Rustangs. Attached are my two slips from today. The only problem I was really having was the car was shifting into OD at 1000' and I had the car in drive.
ken shift it manual and u will hit around 100 u know the 1 to D back to 1 back into drive

midnitethunder said:
ken shift it manual and u will hit around 100 u know the 1 to D back to 1 back into drive

His problem sounds like with the shifter in D its going into overdrive. Mine did that too with the transgo. With my lentech, D is now 2nd gear and OD is 3rd and OD.

interesting that its still going to overdrive with it "locked out" on the shifter. Mine holds 3rd gear while the yellow light is on (90+) and not shift into o/d until i shift it up to OD. Was thinkin about getting a shiftkit but if it does that, no thanks..ill just wait for a VB.

Hmmmm...you would think that you could put a selonoid in there and have it activated by a button....hmmmmm....

Chris

My car is doing what Scott said. I am not a big fan of manually shifting an automatic tranny. My tranny shifts @5000 for each gear. I would not manually shift it unless I had to go to 6000.

Later
Ken

Back