new best et's......today

Mine with the lentech will shift at about 5000 rpms on the floor, but with these 3.27 gears it takes forever to pull to redline. I really want to put in some 3.73's but I don't know if I want to give up my highway mileage.

seawalkersee said:
Thats actually pretty rough on the tranny.

Chris
it may be hard on the trans a little bit but thats how they made the valvebody so i did it in mine and my best time was a 13.43 at 103 with all bolt ons with 327 gears and street tires stock trans and b&m shiftkit so it cant hurt to try

midnitethunder said:
it may be hard on the trans a little bit but thats how they made the valvebody so i did it in mine and my best time was a 13.43 at 103 with all bolt ons with 327 gears and street tires stock trans and b&m shiftkit so it cant hurt to try
Are you sure you didn't mean 3.73 gears? Can you list all of your mods please.

Whoa Kurt, your record might have been broken, although you didn't have access to these improved blowers back when you made your run.

Trans-Go shift kit on an AOD will very often cause a shift into OD (around 5000 rpms) when on the dyno or the track, even with the lever in D. Tightning the TV cable will help most times, but not always.

Get the Lentech and be happy.

David

David Neibert said:
Trans-Go shift kit on an AOD will very often cause a shift into OD (around 5000 rpms) when on the dyno or the track, even with the lever in D. Tightning the TV cable will help most times, but not always.

David

Agreed. :D

Kurt K said:
Are you sure you didn't mean 3.73 gears? Can you list all of your mods please.
kurt all i had done to the car at the time was 87 mass 85 tbody 95 esm spec blower. top of the line more then likey better the mp3 blower top mpfmic chip stock long block stock trans b&m shiftkit aluminum drive shaft stock 327 gear with steet tires my time was 60 foot was 1.959 1/4 mile was 13.439 at 103.69 now if u want to see the car now come to carlisle nexted year i remember u my friend bought ur lentec trans pan off u. my car is completey differant now now it should run im hopeing 2 seconds faster from where it was since that last run i gutted the whole car and put about 12000 into it not saying what i did to much to list but it still has m90 on it and i hope to do the same thing kevin is going for and i will not post my times untill my goal time is made no nos 6>8

Last edited:
hey ken

Allentown pa here did you ever get your car tuned yet? Those are good times my auto 93 with ported blower and stock tb and stock maf and my tune oh and stock gears went 14.7 at 92mph in the hot summer. oneqkgt@aol.com

Way to go, Ken!!!

...Another one gets into the 13's!

I had hoped to be there too, if I hadn't spun a bearing a few weeks back.

I guess I need to get my butt in gear on a rebuild so that I can join our ranks first thing in the Spring. ;)

Cheers,

Sean

twoblownfords said:
Allentown pa here did you ever get your car tuned yet? Those are good times my auto 93 with ported blower and stock tb and stock maf and my tune oh and stock gears went 14.7 at 92mph in the hot summer. oneqkgt@aol.com
No, I have tuned my car yet. I was possbility looking into the spring. I am going to need it tuned for NOS also. I have a kit, but it is not fully installed. I am looking into 50-75 shot.

I was going to e-mail and see what kinda deal we could set up, if you got enough people.
Thanks
Ken

David Neibert said:

David

David,
I am going in that direction. When I get it, I might need to contact you or Kurt K for some assistance.

Thanks
Ken

Awesome Ken. Just saw this. Didn't get back to you since you called the day before you went .... How'd the slicks hold down for ya? ... Reach out for me when you can.

Anthony

Wow, youve just become my worst shootout enemy :D :cool: My new goal is to beat Ken S. at the shootout. i cant wait till the mail man comes soon ;) ;)

xThunderbirdSCx said:
Wow, youve just become my worst shootout enemy :D :cool: My new goal is to beat Ken S. at the shootout. i cant wait till the mail man comes soon ;) ;)

If you are planning to dominate Mod 1 you have a lot more than trying to run 13.6's to worry about. My Street Stock legal car is currently running 13.50@102.5 of course I don't plan to run in Street Stock or Mod 1 this year but there are several other cars that you need to be concerned about that will be in those classes.

Charles

83GT460 said:
If you are planning to dominate Mod 1 you have a lot more than trying to run 13.6's to worry about. My Street Stock legal car is currently running 13.50@102.5 of course I don't plan to run in Street Stock or Mod 1 this year but there are several other cars that you need to be concerned about that will be in those classes.

Charles

Charles,
I plan on running better. I ran the car late in the year. The last time prior was 2005 shootout. I have some stuff planned for the winter.

Gota love a little smack talking!!!!:D

Later
Ken

Ken Seegers said:
Charles,
I plan on running better. I ran the car late in the year. The last time prior was 2005 shootout. I have some stuff planned for the winter.

Gota love a little smack talking!!!!:D

Later
Ken

Speaking of smack talking, are you even going to bring your car this year?

Back