The new THUNDERBIRD SUPERCOUPE, maybe??

90SC BIG BLOCK

I wrote to FORD about contracting me out on building the THUNDERBIRD , and they said to send in the proposle to them . Even if there just teasing me ,there still gonna at least read it . Sence I'll probably go broke or end up like Tucker or DeLoren........maybe , I wanted to hear from my buyers, what do you want ? Give me your wish list and I'll mix it with mine to get the goal . If your gonna knock me and or punk me out , don't write in, the higher up's at FORD will probably bet you to it . So what do you want in the next SUPERCOUPE ???

Supercharged 5.4

Better built interior w/better leather seats

17" wheels somthing that looks like the old school cragar ss's

Somthing that does NOT look like a 50's thunderbird...More like a modernized
mn12 with a turbo coupe style hood with a funtional ram air setup. and deffinately a spoiler. Maybe boyd coddington or Foose could design the body??

Automatic ride control with air bags.

6 speed tranny option.

Nice sounding factory exhaust like the roushe and cobra stangs.

12 second 1/4 mile out of the box.

A full autometer guage cluster with liquid filled white face gauges and a g-force meter.

Indoor/Out door thermometer automatic climate control trip computer w/GPS option.

Somthing like a G-tech built into the trip computer!

A selectable low-octane setting that detunes the car to run on cheap gas if needed.

Flip down rear monitor for on-board dvd player.

Bosse sound system with MP3 capability also satelite ready with 10 disc changer.

hmmm give me a couple days i could come up with more i am sure :)

Dreaming just a bit? There will never be another SC and to have one with all of the stuff ya want Jacob would be so expensive most of us wouldn't have a chance to afford it.

I think if we could just have a good base to work off of, like the new cobra motor, and i like the 6 speed idea. How about a different lug pattern. So when are you supposed to send your idea in? I mean honestly what the chances here?

Tyler

why not use the 4.6L DOHC SC motor, so they don't have to retool anything. Keep the production cost down which means lower selling price.

Also I'd say design it after the Aston Martin Vanquish or Jaguar XK series coupes. Must have a backseat. I'd like a 6-speed as well. Cobra stuff would bolt on. I'd prefer independent suspension with a good gear 3.55 or 3.73. HID headlights, GPS navigation, heated seats...

could you base it off of the Lincoln LS frame?

supercharged 4.6 DOHC with a T56 sounds like a very decent poweplant, IRS

nice high quality interior, not just a sea of plastic...

i drove a new t-bird and loved it just wayy to expensive for what it is, ford needs to drop the price abit

Have the car come stripped, no motor, not tranny, no interior, no wheels , no suspension, no brakes.
Make it, so you can order the car how you want.
Give a lot of differnet options on the the stuff listed above.

Like I would want mine, with a 600 C.I. motor, built C4 tranny,
2 lightweight racing seats, with only a few gauges, light weld racing wheels with a 4.5 x 5 bolt pattern, a live axle setup with a shortened 9" tubbed of course, with some kind of 5 link or ladder bar setup. Double wishbone up front, with a lightend k-member, and bad ~~~ brakes to boot.

Well, now I know how I'm goiong to finish my car :p

We can all dream can't we?

I'd say the blown 5.4, t56 option, and make it large!

And it can't look gay like the current ones do!

The Lincoln LS platform would be too small wouldn't it?

12 sec ETs are reaching with a decent sized car, and they obviously aint gonna outdo their mustang, they'll choke it like they did on our SCs...

Seems like they'll never learn, why wouldn't they want something to compete with Dodge's 300-C, Magnum, and now the charger??? All we have close is the Mustang which isn't even in that class; and too many of us don't want to be another member of that herd...

I don't think it would be too tall of an order to come up with a classy, full-size that would have an optional package to smoke one of these new hemi-dodges...

Oh, and for the love ... Only 2 doors please!

No Ford V8's cuz, they all washed up anyway. Try something different for once, JEEEEZZ!!!!!

How about a 4.0 or 4.2 Liter v6 with a twin screw of some sort. A car that weighs about 3300-3500lbs. Some heads that flow 230cfm stock and can get them to flow 300cfm easily.

5.4's have been used in trucks for years, and the 4.6 DOHC has been used for years, There's more 5.0's then individual slices of cheese.

Keep it like the original SC's, but just good designed intake manifolds, blower, heads, etc...... Keep it OHV for goodness sakes.

I would either use the cobra 32V Cobra motor, or the GT-40 motor. Those should be the ONLY motor options.

T-56 Tranny or the 5 speed Auto
Same lug pattern as the Mustang
Use the Lincoln LS/Jaugar chassis; shortened
IRS with LSD. None of that "traction control"
At least 14" rotors in the front w/ quad piston brembo's
12" rotors in the rear with dual piston, or use the setup in the earlier Jag's. They had the rotors and calipers mounted on the differential and the Axles went through the rotors. Helped eliminate some of the unsprung(?) weight at the rear wheels.
Anything that can be made aluminum, use it.

I'll have to think of other stuff, but that is just a small portion of what I have.

Stephen

90SC BIG BLOCK said:
I wrote to FORD about contracting me out on building the THUNDERBIRD , and they said to send in the proposle to them . Even if there just teasing me ,there still gonna at least read it . Sence I'll probably go broke or end up like Tucker or DeLoren........maybe , I wanted to hear from my buyers, what do you want ? Give me your wish list and I'll mix it with mine to get the goal . If your gonna knock me and or punk me out , don't write in, the higher up's at FORD will probably bet you to it . So what do you want in the next SUPERCOUPE ???

90SC BIG BLOCK,

Were you drunk when you wrote this ?

David

Key word here is Super, Its not Super without the Supercharger.
If it had a Turbo it would be a Turbo Coupe.
If it has the 4.6 DOHC, its another SVT Bird - put a Supercharger on that, and its a Super Coupe once again.
Just my .02
- Dan

And the Cougar XR7 needs to come along for the ride as well. The new cougars look like azz.

I also think a big V-6 with supercharger, IRS, big brakes, well designed head, T56, back seat that can actually be used for passenger seating (not just 4 year olds either).... Basically, make it what the SC/XR7 should have been to begin with. We definately need a sport/luxury car that will compete with and dessimate Dodge and GM offerings. As far as competing with the Moostang, it's a rather moot point since the Stang is not in any way, shape, or form, a luxury car.

Tracy

Well in my fantasy world.....

.....I would go in one of two directions.
-Rekindle the Thunderbird vs. Corvette rivalry. Build a car worthy of competing with the vette in the same price range.
-Build an American alternative to BMW/Mercedes type luxury coupes (for a little lesser price). SC model should be able to compete at AMG and M levels (this also includes anything Cadillac might throw in the mix).

Either way
-The SC model would have to be innovative and of course force fed. Maybe a turbo/supercharged inline six torque monster (FPV typhoon)? Or A electric/gas hybrid (not that crazy of an idea in the future). Baisicly it will need to stand out far from its competition like the original SC.

I ha

I have a quick dream

Option 1 Performance

4.0 liter SC'd jag/ford motor 6 speed auto or stick option..Based on current LS platform. 2 seater convertable

Option 2 Base

4.0 motor 6 speed auto only. 2 door or 4 door (suicide door) both wityh back seats

If ford were to bring back the Tbird it would have to appeal to the masses as a car people can drive everyday. All three versions could be built on the same platform.

Want to make it cheaper to produce?..Use the new mustang platform as a base and go with the 4.6 motor

Just my 5 min of thought

Back