The new THUNDERBIRD SUPERCOUPE, maybe??

68COUGAR said:
Obviously you'be never driven a ladder bar on the street!

68COUGAR

uh.. a ladder bar car on the street drives just fine...then again, ive only driven two one which was a foxbody mustang, and a 68 camaro backhalf car.

ladder bar car just doesnt have as much rear end travel (unlike a mustang which needs quite a bit of pinion angle put in it (-) to get it to leave harder..and still not go beyond a centered angle (0*) under a load..which makes for tuning the rear suspension for leaving quite a bit easier. Same goes for a real 4-link setup (not what mustangs have when you put adjustable control arms on :D)

David Neibert said:
If you think your capable of building an entire car, then why don't you start with something easy like the rear suspension and drive.

Build a bolt on upgrade that includes everything needed to upgrade from the current 28 spline to 31 spline halfshafts on an MN12 and sell it for under $2,500.

If you can do that, then I will take all your talk about building a new SC seriously, and I'll even buy two kits from you.

David

There are already company's that will make a rear set up for you . And why would I start off small when even you would'nt swear to buy one of my cars ?Besides , I'm asking you ,if I did build the car,WOULD YOU BUY IT ??? My business plans aside. Even if I'm full of crap . WOULD YOU BUY A THUNDERBIRD IF WAS MADE ???

If the Price was right!

90SC BIG BLOCK said:
I did build the car,WOULD YOU BUY IT?
If the price was right, Yes! I'd also buy a Factory Hot Rod Lincoln, IF the price was right!

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
If the price was right, Yes! I'd also buy a Factory Hot Rod Lincoln, IF the price was right!

68COUGAR

Hey!

My next vehicle is a Hot Rod mid 90s Towncar :D

I'm thinking lots of cubes and maybe turbo, don't think I can shut the hood on supercharger(s)...

I think they'd sell the hell outta a hotrod lincoln, Caddilac is moving in that direction, and they seem to be doing very well with it.

I will probably never buy a new car again. I am perfectly happy with what I own now. There would have to be a MAJOR movement in money and problems for me to get rid of my Bronc-hoe and my two birds. I have enough parts to replace DANG near everything that would ever break just for that reason. Now...If I wrecked one, I think I would try to find another SC/LX or SUV and buy mine back and build it again....and have the extra parts.

Chris

90SC BIG BLOCK said:
There are already company's that will make a rear set up for you . And why would I start off small when even you would'nt swear to buy one of my cars ?Besides , I'm asking you ,if I did build the car,WOULD YOU BUY IT ??? My business plans aside. Even if I'm full of crap . WOULD YOU BUY A THUNDERBIRD IF WAS MADE ???

No I wouldn't buy it from you, because I don't believe you know the first thing about designing or manufacturing even the simplest of machines, let alone something as complex as a modern automobile. I also don't think your capable of doing OEM quality modifacations such as those done by Roush or Saleen.

You would start off small, to prove that you know what the hell your talking about and that you can deliver the goods. That's why I suggested the rear suspension project, because it would involve a little design work, sourcing of several components that are already avalible, and manufacturing a few new parts. Most of all it would give you a good idea of what it takes to do even a very small portion of the car.

David

I seem to be short on enginuity these days....so I'll extend the same offer to you.

No room no time...5 cars a truck a bike and a driveway that holds one car and a garage that cant even fit one.

If I had time and space I'd give it a whirl....If my car was running and having half shaft problems well I would. From what I know it can be done.

Doug F had tried a set of early cobra shafts and said they mounted. So who knows..

Yes I know the lenghst are different and even the style

Ask him

Ohh...heres an idea Damon...move outta new york...then you could have a TWO car garage and a driveway that holds like 8 cars....like I got.

Chris

89SCK@t said:
I would either use the cobra 32V Cobra motor, or the GT-40 motor. Those should be the ONLY motor options.
Stephen

Problem there is that the GT40 motor alone is $45k from Ford :eek:. But then it comes with everything, blower, assesorys, dry sump oiling system, computer and wiring, and flywheel+clutch.

I have my ideas on what the new Thunderbird should look like and perform but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Shane

shane, your killing me with all of these secrets you have hidden in your wee lil brain...dont worry though, we'll jus get you drunk and you'll spill the beans....just a matter of time...and by the way, ive been wanting to go to school for automotive design for some time, i wonder if i could come up with something for the new thunderbird...hmmm...sounds like fun

quick35th said:
Problem there is that the GT40 motor alone is $45k from Ford :eek:. But then it comes with everything, blower, assesorys, dry sump oiling system, computer and wiring, and flywheel+clutch.

I have my ideas on what the new Thunderbird should look like and perform but I'll keep them to myself for now.

Shane

Chris,

But then I wouldnt be making as much $$,,,Its a give and take.

But serioulsy If I had a larger garage I'd be in trouble

I want to see an American made V6 powered hotrod. So far none of the manufacturers have dared to do it. I'd like to see a V6 that would stompass on the lame V8's rolling out of Detroit these days. It would need to be 350HP NA and have a supercharged option. The motor would have to be physically small so that it would fit in a small rwd platform. The car should be a sedan so that a 4dr would be an option with the 2dr weighing in at about 3000-3200lbs fully dressed. Obviously this car would be small compared to an MN12. But it would be rwd and it would be made to offer either IRS or solid axle. Cheap models and performance oriented 2drs would have the solid axle and the fancy ones with the leather and all the fancy stuff would have IRS. It would have to offer a 6spd as well as a normal 5spd auto.

"I'd like to see a V6 that would stompass on the lame V8's rolling out of Detroit these days."

So, what is so lame about the V-8s rolling out of Detroit these days?

'cept the Hemi and the 6.0 LS engine...everything. Nothing else is even close to my price range...I am poor.

Chris

1HUMINBIRD said:
"I'd like to see a V6 that would stompass on the lame V8's rolling out of Detroit these days."

So, what is so lame about the V-8s rolling out of Detroit these days?

How about the new stock mustang, it is very unimpressive.

Tyler

Sheesh, no sense of humor around here. lol

Seriously though, we all know that a V6 could run as well as the V8's out there and it would be cheaper to make and smaller, stronger and lighter. What's not to like? If the car were made smaller like say the size of an "Evo" then the V6 would start to make a lot of sense.

I think the GTO is cool and so is the new Charger but they are both overweight and get soundly whooped by the smaller and lighter competition with a lot less engine.

The Mustang is ok but unless you want to start using tampons...... :rolleyes:

XR7 Dave said:
I want to see an American made V6 powered hotrod. So far none of the manufacturers have dared to do it.

I finally get to correct Dave. :D

The Plymouth Prowler was a V6.

Back