The new THUNDERBIRD SUPERCOUPE, maybe??

seawalkersee said:
Hate to be a Nay-sayer...but if we could get this much support and put this much pressure on a company, we could have aftermarket heads built for OUR cars by now. Let alone making an entire new one with its own problems...

Chris:rolleyes:

I tend to agree.

Tracy

Really Really Really Good Idea!

Reallistically thinking, Ford already has a (kind of) supercharged Thunderbird in the new style, but only as concept.

I brought this kind of a thread up previously, but did not actually contact Ford about making a new super coupe. I think, if all SC owner contact Ford, they will get a big enough wave of emails and phone call that they may actually consider it.

Reallistically,

If Ford ever did have a new Super Coupe, they should at least make it CHEAPER AND MORE PARTS AVAILABLE TO MODIFY IT. That would be my dream SC.

Keep up the good creativeness,

Brett

If we really want to have an updated vehicle, their needs to be updated components in the motor. Don't get me wrong, I know that we have not even scratched the surface of pushrod technology, but we need to go with DOHC.

With the base model yes, SOHC pushrod, 12-valve, V6. But moving up there should be a DOHC 24 valve V6, possibly a 30-Valve. V-8 should have 24, 32, or 40-valve. There should also be some kind of a Variable Valve Timing similar to Toyota's.

We need to look at one thing that is best from each company and find a way to use it to suite our needs...and not violate any patents..

89SCK@t said:
If we really want to have an updated vehicle, their needs to be updated components in the motor. Don't get me wrong, I know that we have not even scratched the surface of pushrod technology, but we need to go with DOHC.

With the base model yes, SOHC pushrod, 12-valve, V6. But moving up there should be a DOHC 24 valve V6, possibly a 30-Valve. V-8 should have 24, 32, or 40-valve. There should also be some kind of a Variable Valve Timing similar to Toyota's.

We need to look at one thing that is best from each company and find a way to use it to suite our needs...and not violate any patents..

The current SOHC 3 valve per cylinder 4.6 being used in the 2005 Mustangs, do have varible valve timing.

David

Inside codename would be "Torino" or "Cyclone"

In the event that Ford decided to keep the Thunderbird & Cougar nameplates on ice for some other future 2-seater or FWD, the MN13 platform would already have two well established, thought & image provoking models to offer in addition to the later-released Mark IX. Using an actual revered model as a codename would really get the automotive press in an uproar after one of those info "leaks". This would drum up support from consumers. Besides, what would you use, Pinto, Comet, Granada, Monarch?

but if we could get this much support and put this much pressure on a company, we could have aftermarket heads built for OUR cars by now. Let alone making an entire new one with its own problems...

Chris

I agree too. I guess the only thing we can do is to continue on with the pressure. And doing things like this thread. Through the years I've seen how many have risen to the task of making or adapting parts for our cars. Or people just being generous with their knowledge. This board, the old MN12 Performance board and TCCoA are more than what I ever could have expected. I never dreamed of these resources when my Dad and I picked out his new Sport (now mine) in '92. I'm hoping that someday someone in Ford will wake up. Sometimes I'm too optimistic for my own good, and this might be one of those times.

-Allan

Last edited:
I , unlike most of you had the balls to try and do something to bring back a car I love. But as someone said once before ,you guy's like to eat your own!This thread showed me that my faith in people is GREATLY OVER ESTIMATED and why my letter to FORD about the THUNDERBIRD years ago went by the wind ......I WAS THE ONLY ONE..maybe. So don't worry about it ,I'll just let the name DIE like you guys want. Like I said before , tell me what you'd like ,AN OH BOY, YOU DID !!!

What's with the 'tude dude?:rolleyes:

You asked for opinions and input on what people here would like to see in a new T-Bird SC and quite a few people gave you some VERY good feedback. Sure there are a few people here that have pointed out to you that it may not be as easy as you are making it out to be, but if you TRUELY do have the knowledge, money, resources and gumption to follow this through then by all means.... GIT-R-DONE!!!!!!

If you are looking for someone to hold your hand through the process and tell you everything will be peaches and cream and Ford will jump right up and take your proto idea and go into production.... it likely won't happen.... here or anywhere else. It is not because no one wants to see another SC. It's because we all know what Ford did to the SC when it WAS in production and we all know that it is doubtful that Ford would build something to compete with (and/or beat the snot out of) their beloved Moostang.

Go back over this thread and take the positive info that was given and see this thing through if you have the means and confidence to do so, but don't get all huffy because a couple people layed a few facts on the line in front of you. If you are that touchy about criticism then maybe you should just drop the whole idea where it's at because you wont be met with a whole lot different at Ford's doorstep if and when you put something together and lay it at their feet.

I think a new SC/XR7 is a great idea and I gave my feedback on what I thought a new SC should be. I just doubt it will happen any time soon and also doubt that I would be able to afford one if it did materialize.

Now dry your eyes (and get up, you ain't hurt) and go build the next SC.:D

Tracy

90SC BIG BLOCK said:
I , unlike most of you had the balls to try and do something to bring back a car I love. But as someone said once before ,you guy's like to eat your own!This thread showed me that my faith in people is GREATLY OVER ESTIMATED and why my letter to FORD about the THUNDERBIRD years ago went by the wind ......I WAS THE ONLY ONE..maybe. So don't worry about it ,I'll just let the name DIE like you guys want. Like I said before , tell me what you'd like ,AN OH BOY, YOU DID !!!
Sorry for the downer there hoss, but uncle Henry couldnt give two "you know whats" about any of us unless we were in the "new car" market already. If they really cared, there would be something posted through George. Plain and simple. If you want something done you can go to the top. Guess what...I never saw a post from George. Not that I think you are doing a bad thing, but I REALLY think they are pullin your chain. I hate ALL car companies, I just hate Ford the least. Bill Ford is no better then Jack "The Ripper" Nassar and he was no better then Uncle Henry. Screw em all and hope we can get support from somewhere else.

Chris

David Neibert said:
What about all those PMs and down payments we sent to Micah ?

David

i deserve a refund just for having to read all this crapola.

fwiw, if ford does anything it better be a AWD 2door version of the Fusion.

VicRattlehead said:
i deserve a refund just for having to read all this crapola.

fwiw, if ford does anything it better be a AWD 2door version of the Fusion.

I don't want anything AWD. More driveline losses and more parts to break. Give me RWD or give me death. lol

XR7 Dave said:
I don't want anything AWD. More driveline losses and more parts to break. Give me RWD or give me death. lol

To add to that a manual transmission option not just a slushbox.

Shane

XR7 Dave said:

yea but, what about the Evo and Supra, AWD and hp.

and yea, add a manual -6speed- and a turbo.

Actually, I took all of your down payment money and I bought me a MPIII, MP cold air divider, MP classic top and MP front mount. All I have to do is remove my jack and spare and I should be good for 11.30 at 123mph all day long BABY.

Micah

VicRattlehead said:
yea but, what about the Evo and Supra, AWD and hp.

and yea, add a manual -6speed- and a turbo.

Sorry, Supras were RWD. ;) And for the record I hate EVOs! LOL

Def. needs a manual trans.

XR7 Dave said:
Sorry, Supras were RWD. ;) And for the record I hate EVOs! LOL

Def. needs a manual trans.

as you can see im not down with the import stuff. i dont know why i typed supra i know thats rwd, so its not a supra that im thinking of but something else and i cant remember what it is now. but its awd and popular with the idiots and turbocharged and quick.

VicRattlehead said:
as you can see im not down with the import stuff. i dont know why i typed supra i know thats rwd, so its not a supra that im thinking of but something else and i cant remember what it is now. but its awd and popular with the idiots and turbocharged and quick.

Skyline

Shane

David Neibert said:
Not unless it has a cup holder.

David

I drive my 5spd SC's just fine David with a cup in hand. Though a cup holder or two would be nice.

Shane

Last edited:
Back