spark plugs and wires.

patrick5678

time for a tune up on my friends 95 SC and I was wondering what kinda plugs you rec? Pref platinum just because he isn't going to want to change them every year! Also, I was wondering if FRPP Mustang 3.8 wires or something like that would work?

Thanks

Jake

Motorcraft/ Autolite factory plugs, double platinum seem to be consistantly very good. i dunno the # for them though, sorry. You can get them from www.supercoupeperformance.com They also have a set of 8.5mm magnecor wires, and a set of 10mm livewire premiums. I dunno what the 10mm wires are like, but i hear good things about the 8.5mm wires.

APP2544, just what i just bought for my bird. Also bought the autolite professional series wires. I've had good luck with them on other vehicles in the past. I didn't want to shell out alot of money for new wires, think i paid around 40 dollars for the set. Don't know if the mustang wires would fit, the newer ones with DIS had the coil on the other side of the motor, not upfront. That is if its anything like the 97 i had or the 03 4.2L V6 (sister motor) in my F150.

APP764 is a double plat plug that runs cooler than the stock APP2544's. Use Motorcraft or Taylor wires. Both under $50 and work as good as anything else you can spend money on.

XR7 Dave said:
APP764 is a double plat plug that runs cooler than the stock APP2544's. Use Motorcraft or Taylor wires. Both under $50 and work as good as anything else you can spend money on.

Dave, What is the benefit of running the cooler plugs? Or more appropriately, under what circumstances would one want to run colder plugs? Are there any negative effects such as at cold startup or any other time?

Juat curious.

Tracy

Back