2006 SC Shootout Location!!!

How far would you travel to attend and participate in the 2006 SC Shootout?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XR7 Dave

Ok guys, the voting for the diehards has been completed and those who voted have been duly recognised. Now, for the rest of you! :)

Are you interested in an SC Shootout? Would you attend? How far would you drive to PARTICIPATE? Participation doesn't mean just drag racing. Participation means are you willing to spend up to $100 to get into the track, maybe take a few passes down the strip, eat lunch and dinner with all the other SC enthusiasts, get a cool T-shirt, maybe win some raffle prizes, and just generally hang out with the coolest crowd on the net?

If that describes you, vote below!

IMPORTANT! The votes below are for interest sake only. If you are serious about attending and would put up the $$ to "participate" if the event were close enough for you, then pony up $25 and paypal it to shootout@alltel.net. The money will be your deposit towards your registration fee PROVIDED that the SC Shootout is close enough to you that you could make it.

The cool thing here is that YOU decide how far you'd travel! That's right! Just include a note telling us how far you'd travel and if we can't meet your requirement you get your money back!

Nothing to lose and a great opportunity to not only support but also participate with your SuperCoupe Community!!

:D

Any questions? Post away!

Remember, vote here for fun, but if you'd seriously attend and participate, then send your money in - NO RISK if we can't make it work for you!

2000+ miles - I'm certifiable and I'll prove it!

What the heck a few hundred more miles won't hurt.

I think walking distance is too far...Screw it...come on over and stay at my house and we will race on the local two lane :D Im sure that a few of the county brownies and I can keep it closed for a 1/2 mi...This way...my tow rig wont break................................................................................................. ....................................................................................................... ............................................................................................again.

Chris

I won't mind at all if it's in the Northeast. We can go visit all of our family in NY after the shootout and make a vacation out of it. :)

650 miles isn't that bad...800 isn't unreasonable either. Hell, drove to Detroit and back in January, we were there back, and unloaded the motor in 24 hours on the nose.

Come on guys, you in this or no?

:D

Seriously.

Been crunching some numbers and sharpening some pencils and I've come up with an idea. Hear me out and then speak up if you think I'm on to something here.

Lets consider an East - West Shootout.

That's right people. I've taken my list of confirmed supporters (guys with the $$) and added those who've voted here, plus a few that are MIA but I feel pretty sure will attend, and here is what we have.

Suppose just for a minute that KCIR in Kansas City was the location of the Western Shootout. :eek:

We have the following people CONFIRMED to participate:

John Shelton
Mike Debracini
Dave Sabados
Jeremy Kovaks
Todd Jelle
Michelle Huffman
Dave Rowe
Doug Franklin
Charles Brown
Thomas Aden
Charles Aden
Andy McMurty
Marc Petillo
Duane Nettles
Kurt Kreisz
David Neibert
Tony Serno
Randy Baker
Mike Sizemore
Tracy Harm
Mike Harms
Sam Malone
Matt Burgess
James Smith........Total 24

Unconfirmed voters:

Rod Maksimovich
Jerrod Imerbthama
Scott Bruhn
Birdofprey97
Phranquy
Jason Meinholdt......Total 30

Others whom I think would attend a KS meet:

Chris Zwemke
Rodney Bushong
Julian Miller
Micah Miller
Chris Walker
Rich Bruhn
Tim Keiss
David Dalke
Paul Meadows.......Total 39

It's starting to sound possible......

Now on to an Eastern Shootout at say Dragway 42 in Ohio or Pittsburg Raceway Park:

Confirmed paying supporters:

Jimmy White
Mike Boylan
David Dalke
Shane Glynn
Craig Guest
Ed Nicholson
Andrew Wang
Ryan Harris
Kevin Leitem
Steve Nicholson
Steve Webb
Ken Seegers
Dave Ward
Ira Robinson
Jim Oneill
Mark Belush
Tyler Smith
Edward Andrews
Mike Tuck
Brian Oatway Total.......20

Unconfirmed voters:

Bill McNeil
Damon Baumann
Dan Sly
Bruce Total.......24

People whom I think would participate in an eastern venue:

Mark Kovalcik
Mike Irving
Stan Wodzisz
Ryan Ruvolo
Bill Hein
Chris Lazzo
Anthony Rongo
Joe Brauner
Brandon Weichey
Sean Matteson
Doug Willliams
Anthony Arnold
David Neibert
Kurt Kreisz
Casey McCarty
Tony Serno Total......40

I'm sure I've missed some people but is this starting to sound feasible? Is there anyone who would add their name to the list if they knew that the SC Shootout would be held at one of these venue's?

Let us know!

Last edited:
And yes, I know this assumes that some of you (us) would attend both. Kurt, you just might get the chance to show how crazy you really are. :D

XR7 Dave said:
And yes, I know this assumes that some of you (us) would attend both. Kurt, you just might get the chance to show how crazy you really are. :D
I was already going to reply that I would almost rather travel to race in Pittsburg before I read your reply. Basically I need to travel to wherever Dan Sly is racing so I can get through to the finals :p

Last edited:
I would definitely come to an eastern event. It just depends when the location is decided on though. If we know 6months or more prior to the event then that leaves good opportunities for planning.

For me (not that it matters) I would see what rig I could use to tow the car down or if I would just drive it or not. I would feel silly towing an SC with a 32ft toterhome with a 30ft double stacker, in which, is all I own towing wise.

Dave,

Ill drive if its within a day, but i sure as heck would need a caravan of people. I drive 3 hours and i get bored and tired. If i had like a group of 4 or so SCs to drive to it with, ill go halfway across america. I just put 400 miles in the scenario i would have to drive alone. Expect my 25 bucks when my finances get in order.

Bill

2006 Shootout

David am I reading this correctly, you are planning to split everything up and have two Shootouts? As for me I would prefer to go wherever the most cars will be, and distance really doesn't matter to me. If I drive my car and I break it 800 miles from home in KC I am no better off than if I break it 1200 miles from home in Ohio. I say decide on one spot and lets have the Shootout, you are not going to make everyone happy and some won't attend even if it is in there own back yard

Charles

Haven't planned anything yet, just discussing options. We need to nail our plan by the end of the month so we can make arrangements with the race track(s).

The more people who vote, the better informed decision we can make. :)

Dave, you can move me over to the Eastern shootout seeing as I'd rather just go to one and visit my family in the Northeast after. Vacation days are gonna be scarce this year for me.:)

Jeremy_K said:
Dave, you can move me over to the Eastern shootout seeing as I'd rather just go to one and visit my family in the Northeast after. Vacation days are gonna be scarce this year for me.:)
Sheesh....fire guys...:D

Chris

rock & roll...

I should be there, the one thing that would kill it is Scott upcoming wedding. That is set for the first part of Sept. That would be the only thing that would stop me as of right now...Had my jury duty, so I am good for three more years on that...So you will have to put up with me again and I will bring something new this time.....and yes it will be FAST......Rich

If I can make it in a day I will be there. I have a new tow truck now I need a trailer.:D

XR7 Dave said:
Suppose just for a minute that KCIR in Kansas City was the location of the Western Shootout. :eek:

Unconfirmed voters:

Rod Maksimovich......

If we did split it up, and the Western one is at KCIR, I can pretty well guarantee that I'll be there.

-Rod

Back