MAF for sale (not mine)

Ed,

Did the '96 Cobra's run 24lb injectors? Would this MAF be a direct bolt-on for cars with the older 30lb injectors?

Also, how much does Ford charge for the Cobra-style throttle bodies? I'm talking about the oval shaped units with dual butterflies. Can these be obtained used for a reasonable price? What size are they stock?

$75 for that MAF sounds like a good deal if it will work!

Cheers,

Sean

Sean, the Cobras do have 24 # injectors. However, I would say that you would need to transfer over your old electronics if they fit, or have an EEC Tuner. Maybe Dr. Fred or somebody else could verify that. Also, this MAF would have the 4-bolt flange connection on the inlet side rather than a slip-on.

For the throttle bodies, I'm not sure of the dimensions of the Cobra units. They have the dual bore oval piece, as do the 2001 Bullitt Mustangs, 32V Continentals, and 6.8L V10 trucks. They range in price from $200 to $300 from Ford. If you're looking to get one of those, I would suggest keeping an eye out for someone selling a stock unit from a Cobra after doing an upgrade to an aftermarket t.b.

cheers
Ed N.

Back