broke a part ... not sure what its called??

92scindallas

it looks like a vacum line that goes across the front part of the supercharger, it plugs in under the intake ruber tube that goes from the intake box to the trottle body.. the other end plugs into the top of a valve cover on to this little rubber thing..? anyone know what it is have a pic? thanks .. can you buy them new still?

That's a PCV line. You should fix it because you now have a vacuum leak. I don't know if it's still available at the dealer, but there's no magic to it. Depending on how badly you broke it, maybe you can just put a section of hose over the broken part. Know what I mean?

Here's what I did...

I cut the ends off leaving a couple of inches of the tube on the fittings and put a length of rubber vacuum line between the two ends. Works great, won't break, and cheap....

thanks guys!, went to the dealer and was actually able to order the whole thing new, was like ten bucks!...., anything that cheap for this car makes me happy! lol!! , again thanks.

It's part of the emmissions system that vents crankcase pressure air back into the air intake. If this is disconnected you won't have a vacuum leak at that point, but you will be introducing unmetered air into the intake since it is after the maf. Could cause you to run lean. John

Back