Engine Rebuild Questions

ThunderousLeggs

Hi all:D

Well Hubby talked me out of selling the Coupe last night so I have removed it. My plan is to get the engine rebuilt...maybe beefed up a notch or two...but my question(s) is;

How much is a crated engined from Ford (esitmate)?

Who do you recommend to pull the engine and rebuild if that is the route I choose to go? Any idea of costs?

I live in Abbotsford....so between here and Van I guess is where I would go for a good mechanic.

I'm going to rebuild the engine, buy a honda or something for Winter and only drive the coupe in the Summer months.

The engine is basically the only thing that I would like to do ........with the exception of fancy wheels and tires...and lower it a bit...and tint the windows...etc

Any advice on shops would be greatly appreciated...:p

HAVE A TERRIFIC DAY...

Last edited:
Ford crate engine is $ 2200 with exchange in Denver. Proabaly pay at least a grand to have it installed and still have a warranty.

Thanks Fred.....it's muchly appreciated. I will keep that in mind. I'm not quite ready, just trying to get all my ducks in a row. Thanks again..Doc...:p

Thanks Len......:p

Is that crated? How much time required to install do you figure?

I think I'll take your advice and i'll let you have a look at my present engine first and get your opinion before I do anything. It's definetly a different car than what I used to drive...(RX7 with a rotary) Not too much to those things....Well have a terrific afternoon and we'll talk soon.....: :cool:

Now for the good news. Price above is retail at Ford. I think you should check to see what you can get at a tbscec discount.

Morrow Motors, INC.
201 Seventh Ave.
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
(724)-843-1000

Thanks..

Thanks guys for all your input. I'll let you know when the time comes that I do the engine. I actually am thinking I'd like to beef it up a little, but not sure yet.

Len, I'll call ya soon and we can meet. You can take a look at the bird and see what you think. As i said in our conversation, really doesn't need engine yet..as it uses no oil etc. Always have done the regular maintenance so I'm sure I have lots more life left in it. I however would like you too try it hot and see if you notice the lack of power when it's all warmed up.

Thanks guys......HAVE A GREAT DAY...
:)

Back