Kevin Breaks Track Record Again!

Magnum Powers

Kevin Breaks the All-Motor Track Record, 11.3 seconds @123 MPH! He posted his results on the "Racing/Track Results" forum but very few people have seen it. How about going over there and give Kevin congratulations for this tremendous feat!

Charles

Magnum Powers said:
Kevin Breaks the All-Motor Track Record, 11.3 seconds @123 MPH! He posted his results on the "Racing/Track Results" forum but very few people have seen it. How about going over there and give Kevin congratulations for this tremendous feat!

Charles

Charles 11.3 at 123mph on motor alone? thats hard to belive I smell Nitrous on this deal. It cant be no 3.8V6 I think Coy may have a lot to say of this bet no SCCoA members there to look it over. This is why this SC deal is all messed up it needs to be proven non Nitrous runs. It is not no 3.8V6 maybe big stroker on Alcohol. This not ment to say your blower is not helping but 11.3 and the speed proves there is something going on here. This is a big jump from his last runs

Last edited:
No Nitruos Jim in fact Kevin does not have a bottle in the car, I saw it a few weeks ago in Oklahoma. His first run there running 20% overdrive with the MagnaPort3 was 11.60 @ 119 mph. Last week Kevin installed the MP 10% overdrive crank pulley but maintained 20% total overdrive ratio and ran a 11.51 sec (less belt slippage with the 10% crank). This weekend he upped the final overdrive ratio to 25% and ran a 11.305 @ 123 mph. Track conditions were bad and he had lots of wheel spin, 60ft 1.6 seconds. If weather conditions continue okay until next weekend he said he would try upping the overdrive ratio to 30%.

Charles

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
Charles 11.3 at 123mph on motor alone? thats hard to belive I smell Nitrous on this deal. It cant be no 3.8V6 I think Coy may have a lot to say of this bet no SCCoA members there to look it over. This is why this SC deal is all messed up it needs to be proven non Nitrous runs. It is not no 3.8V6 maybe big stroker on Alcohol. This not ment to say your blower is not helping but 11.3 and the speed proves there is something going on here. This is a big jump from his last runs

I am a personal friend of Kevin's and I've been inside and out of that car and know every aspect of it. There is nothing particularly special about his car either....he has no secret weapons, and certainly no nitrous, no stroker, and no alcohol. If you've ever read his posts (or if you would've came to the shootout in Oklahoma and spoke with him in person) he is more than willing to share any information about his car. Kevin is truly an outstanding guy and I'm glad his car performs the way it does after all the hard work he's put into it. My car wouldn't be half of what it is if it wasn't for Kevin's help and knowledge.

(Edit by Admin)

Dude...please...you claim to be a friend of Kevins so dont jack the thread. No Jim was not at the shootout but he lives in CA. He is just calling B/S on the slip because he does not believe that 11s could be run. Dont take it personal and get off track here. IN fact, I am going to use this time to say....JIM....BUY the video when its available. You will see this car run like a raped ape. If what he was saying about the boost was correct, I can see this car hittin the 11s as it sits. We were lookin all over it at the dyno trying to find the N2O lines too. Its Bbbbbbbb bad....

Chris

I witnessed Kevin's runs and verified the time slips. No tricks, no nitrous, no alcohol. His car is a little lighter than yours Jim (fiberglass hood, not the real steel deal here) and it doesn't have a roll bar. If that makes up for not using nitrous then so be it.

The fact is that Kevin is still running his car daily and pushing the envelope with the latest products and the right parts. Yours is washed up and sitting in a barn somewhere. Prove to yourself what can or can't be done by getting back out there and doing it. Otherwise relax and enjoy the ride. :)

same story, different player...

First off, GREAT run Kevin, show everyone what you can do...
now the other guy, he cryed when I went faster than him as well. That is all that he can do of late...Jim, get over it, there are people faster than you. Everyday someone finds some more power,some of us don't give a rip about a list, then again some others live & die on that list...
Kevin is FAST, VERY FAST, so that is all there is to say.Again, GREAT run Kevin, now take the e-brake off and give us that 10 second pass you have hidding in that car.....Good luck........Rich

I remember him saying he is 3500lbs. I don't know whether or not that is race weight or not, but weight plays a great factor in ET.

Great job, Kevin.:)

seawalkersee said:
Dude...please...you claim to be a friend of Kevins so dont jack the thread. No Jim was not at the shootout but he lives in CA. He is just calling B/S on the slip because he does not believe that 11s could be run. Dont take it personal and get off track here. IN fact, I am going to use this time to say....JIM....BUY the video when its available. You will see this car run like a raped ape. If what he was saying about the boost was correct, I can see this car hittin the 11s as it sits. We were lookin all over it at the dyno trying to find the N2O lines too. Its Bbbbbbbb bad....

Chris

Half of my post got deleted by someone....if you would've seen it you would know that I said what a truly outstanding guy Kevin was and that he has no tricks and he is willing to share any information about his car.

I was able to read that. Thas why I said the first part. I actually saw the car run. IT RAN GREAT in OKC. I wish I had one that flew that fast...even on the juice.

Chris

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
Three SCCoA members witnessed Jim’s run and there was no Nitrous. Two changes were made since Kevin’s previous best run (11.66) with the MagnaPortII and that is the MagnaPortIII and more blower overdrive (25%). The MPIII may be a small blower but its volumetric efficiency is excellent at high RPM’s allowing it to be spun faster and thereby it can pump more air and make more hp. Kevin reported 21 psi boost on his 11.3 second run so you know where the power is coming from, it’s all boost baby. :cool:

Another note here. It is average HP that wins races not peak hp. Running 20% overdrive we made 390 rwhp and 469 rwtq with the MPIII! The torque number is HUGE and the average HP is much higher then an engine making say 400hp and 400torque. If you looked at a dyno chart comparing a 390/469 engine to a 400/400 engine you would see the 390/469 engine makes a lot more HP through the RPM band and that is what accelerates your car down the track or on the street.

Charles

Magnum Powers said:
No Nitruos Jim in fact Kevin does not have a bottle in the car, I saw it a few weeks ago in Oklahoma. His first run there running 20% overdrive with the MagnaPort3 was 11.60 @ 119 mph. Last week Kevin installed the MP 10% overdrive crank pulley but maintained 20% total overdrive ratio and ran a 11.51 sec (less belt slippage with the 10% crank). This weekend he upped the final overdrive ratio to 25% and ran a 11.305 @ 123 mph. Track conditions were bad and he had lots of wheel spin, 60ft 1.6 seconds. If weather conditions continue okay until next weekend he said he would try upping the overdrive ratio to 30%.

Charles

Thanks Charles!

With more info of what you guys did with the new MP 3 at 21psi and without the weight of the roll bar and glass hood it seams a lot more understanding on the big MPH gain. We never got the chance to run that much overdrive with the fist generation MP 3 being stuck with 15% with Coys Cogged setup our big downfall. What type of pulleys is he using 10 rib? I need to get the new MP 3 and toss this Coy Cogged setup out the door. Congrats to Kevin and Congrats on a powerful MP 3 it got him there in the 11.30's. I think if we had a chance to go 25% with the first Generation MP 3 with the power we had it would have went real low on ET. We keep bugging Coy to make a 25% cogged pulley at the time but he never did. Than again we couldent keep from shredding belts with the other belt drive. Now with todays MP 3 and belt drives I hope to get this car as low as Kevins it weighs more than his with 100lb roll bar and steel hood. Its neat to see an all motor SC go quicker than the top Nitrous SC's way to go Kevin :)

Last edited:
Jim Demmitt Jr said:
Thanks Charles!

With more info of what you guys did with the new MP 3 at 21psi and without the weight of the roll bar and glass hood it seams a lot more understanding on the big MPH gain. We never got the chance to run that much overdrive being stuck with 15% with Coys Cogged setup. What type of pulleys is he using 10 rib? I need to get the new MP 3 and toss this Coy Cogged setup out the door. Congrats to Kevin and Congrats on a powerful MP 3 it got him there in the 11.30's
As you know Jim, your dad and Coy both had early prototypes of the new MPIII. I tried and tried to get Coy to run more overdrive as I could see on the Blower Dyno the air was there but another cogged blower drive was more then Coy was willing to do (actually I don’t think Coy really believed me). I then got discouraged and gave up on the project for a while until a guy here wanted something a bit special.

The key to making power with the MPIII is a lot of blower overdrive so it can pump more air. The MPIII’s volumetric efficiency is about 87% at speed so that is about 90cuin x .87 = 78cuin per revolution. Want more CFM? Well spin the puppy faster.

Belt slippage is the enemy so I designed a 10% overdrive crank pulley to make more overdrive without making a pulley smaller (small pulleys slip), it also has 8 ribs so you can run a 8 rib belt from the crank to the jackshaft, that should help. Helper springs on the tensioners also helps.

Also there is a guy Terry at South Florida Pulley Headquarters who makes blower pulleys with slots and holes that grip a lot better then the ones we run. I think if you guys would call him and ask he maybe willing to manufacture some for the SC community.

Charles

Magnum Powers said:
As you know Jim, your dad and Coy both had early prototypes of the new MPIII. I tried and tried to get Coy to run more overdrive as I could see on the Blower Dyno the air was there but another cogged blower drive was more then Coy was willing to do (actually I don’t think Coy really believed me). I then got discouraged and gave up on the project for a while until a guy here wanted something a bit special.

The key to making power with the MPIII is a lot of blower overdrive so it can pump more air. The MPIII’s volumetric efficiency is about 87% at speed so that is about 90cuin x .87 = 78cuin per revolution. Want more CFM? Well spin the puppy faster.

Belt slippage is the enemy so I designed a 10% overdrive crank pulley to make more overdrive without making a pulley smaller (small pulleys slip), it also has 8 ribs so you can run a 8 rib belt from the crank to the jackshaft, that should help. Helper springs on the tensioners also helps.

Also there is a guy Terry at South Florida Pulley Headquarters who makes blower pulleys with slots and holes that grip a lot better then the ones we run. I think if you guys would call him and ask he maybe willing to manufacture some for the SC community.

Charles

Charles

My Dad knew we needed more overdrive with the first prototype MP 3 he said it was an awesome blower. We where stuck with 15% with Coys Cogged setup my Dad tryed countless times to get Coy to build a 25% one we even tryed BDS but price was out the door. We went 11.911et blowing the trans up our next shot was fix the trans put the MP 3 back on with my 25% ESM pulleys get one good run before shredding the belts. Everything was not going our way at the time. I think with a new MP3 and Plenum junk the Coy setup use your overdrive setup I be right there as well. Use whats best performance proven Magnum Powers blower and drives the one we had made big boost even at 15%. Kevin did what most of us deam about me for one like to see him get past Chris Weise great work Charles and Kevin

Last edited:
Back