highest HP stock block SC

I will claim this title right now...No one here can come close to my 210hp Supercoupe go ahead and try it you will lose.......oops wait sec

Magnum Powers said:
Really Dave!!!! How about Kevin's?

Smoke and mirrors? Bull!

Charles

No offense intended Charles, but if the all stock motor makes 318rwhp with a 4% loss compared to a dyno jet then it must be making an additional ~ 13rwhp than that bringing the total to 331rwhp. That's a pretty heady claim for an all stock motor.

I guess the point is not that the dyno numbers are invalid nor that the MPIII isn't a great blower. The point is that you are setting people's expectations pretty high and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that we'd like to see some more results. :)

yeah but youre just wasting more $ in bolt ons to get the same effect you would have with ported heads and better bump stick.

its nice to see what they can do stock, but its kind of dumb because then your heads and cam ( talking valve curtain here ) are just taking on all of this extra air with nothing to do but restrict it.

I wouldnt waste my money on an MP3 or any of the top blowers if I didnt have my heads ported, gasket matched ( which mine are ) which you can basically do for nothing. just some time having the car down.

sorry just my 2 cents. i just think its pointless

That is your opinion and that is fine, but buying one of those blowers (AR, any of the Magnaports) is not a waste. And it is certainly cheaper than and easier than heads and a cam.

Dave

I have yet to see a car break 300 rwhp with a stock longblock unless they had an AR twin screw blower.

No disrespect intended to you Charles, but you've got to admit, that the numbers your posting for the MPIII are not typical. I'm not saying there is a problem with the blower, because IMO it's the best M90 based blower on the market. I'm just wondering how Fast Specialties is able to get those kind of RWHP numbers, and the rest of us can't even come close.

David

Last edited:
David Neibert said:
I have yet to see a car break 300 rwhp with a stock longblock unless they had an AR twin screw blower.

No disrespect intended to you Charles, but you've got to admit, that the numbers your posting for the MPIII are not typical. I'm not saying there is a problem with the blower, because IMO it's the best M90 based blower on the market. I'm just wondering how Fast Specialties is able to get those kind of RWHP numbers, and the rest of us can't even come close.

David
Travis is a real bright guy and the tuner at Fast Specialties, he has been tuning on his SC for a long time. When it comes to tuning he is very careful and will not turn out a car that is not conservative. The SC that I spoke of making 318 rwhp belongs to a friend of his that he wrenched on and tuned. I am only telling you guys what we are seeing.

If you are not seeing the same results there is something wrong with something in the setup, as good results are possible if everything including the tune is correct.

I am updating the MP website with Kevin’s latest record breaking run with the MPIII that was 11.305 seconds at 123 mph set just this past weekend. I will also be posting, with his permission, the parts he is running to accomplish that feat. The process of doing so gave me an idea borrowed from the Grand National guys.

They have “Formulas” for running various times that are listed on websites. That is, a recipe, a list of parts and procedures for running 12, 11, 10 second 1/4" miles, this approach is one of the reasons the Grand Nationals have been so popular all these years as it makes it easier for guys to be successful. I’m thinking the same thing would work for the SC. I could start this for low 11’s (possibly 10’s second) SC and another one for stock blocks, etc.

BTW, Kevin’s car does not have anything all that special or expensive in it, just a combination of parts that all work together and performs. I think a lot of SC owner could afford the parts he is using, personally I’d like to see SC’s running those times common place, perhaps that would raise the value of our cars.

Charles

Magnum Powers said:
BTW, Kevin’s car does not have anything all that special or expensive in it, just a combination of parts that all work together and performs. I think a lot of SC owner could afford the parts he is using, personally I’d like to see SC’s running those times common place, perhaps that would raise the value of our cars.

Charles

Charles, be sure to include Kevin's race weight, as that is one of the keys to his numbers. I know his car is more than 500 lbs lighter than mine :eek:

Thunder427 said:
I wouldnt waste my money on an MP3 or any of the top blowers if I didnt have my heads ported, gasket matched ( which mine are ) which you can basically do for nothing. just some time having the car down.

sorry just my 2 cents. i just think its pointless

Ah yes, gasket matching. Thats good for atleast 20 HP :p Some of us don't want to deal with the headaches that a cam and head combo will bring.

Kurt K said:
Charles, be sure to include Kevin's race weight, as that is one of the keys to his numbers. I know his car is more than 500 lbs lighter than mine :eek:
His weight is included in the list. . . . But acording to Dave, dyno numbers are smoke and mirrors, what really matters is track times. :)

Charles

XR7 Dave said:
There are lots of ways to get varying results from a dyno. I'd like to see one of these high HP cars hit the track. Just one. :) Even if the car is granny shifted and eased off the line it should easily pull 106-108mph at the track. Until I see that I think it's a little bit of smoke and mirrors. :)

I got to say that I am a little reluctant to beleive all dynos numbers also I pulled a 15.006 @ 106.1 mph (little bit of a traction issue) and when Dave tuned my car on the dyno it showed up with 287 RWHP from a 5 speed. I'm not saying that it has more but just by guaging by other people's dyno numbers and traps speeds I thought that it would be higher. I think when I look up other people's modifications I look at both the hp and traps to get a good guage to see where I should be and where I am.

Magnum Powers said:
But acording to Dave, dyno numbers are smoke and mirrors, what really matters is track times. :)

Charles

Not quite Charles. I said that it would be nice to see some track times to back up the dyno numbers. Many manufacturers use independent data or laboratory testing to back up their designs and testing. Since Fast Specialties was not only your partner in the development of the latest MPIII, but he is also a tuner and the installer/mechanic who worked on the car he can hardly be considered independent or objective.

That's all I was saying.

XR7 Dave said:
Not quite Charles. I said that it would be nice to see some track times to back up the dyno numbers. Many manufacturers use independent data or laboratory testing to back up their designs and testing. Since Fast Specialties was not only your partner in the development of the latest MPIII, but he is also a tuner and the installer/mechanic who worked on the car he can hardly be considered independent or objective.

That's all I was saying.
Kevin just ran a 11.305 second, 123 mph 1/4 mile with the MPIII and now holds the record. I stand behind my product and its performance.

Charles

Magnum Powers said:
Kevin just ran a 11.305 second, 123 mph 1/4 mile with the MPIII and now holds the record. I stand behind my product and its performance.

Charles

Charles,
I don't think that anyone is questioning your product or its performance. I think the point that is trying to made is this:

You have one stock long block that you did your R&D on. That particular engine may not be your "typical" engine. The only way to really get an answer to what some others are looking for is to get the same set-up on several (15-20 of them, which only time will provide) SCs. Then you can take the average of the rwhp for the lot of them with a % variance between certain cars. That way you could give realistic values for the mods... i.e. with the MPIII and "x" supporting mods, you can expect to have 287 rwhp with as much as a 10% give or take, depending on internal engine differences. That is all that is being said. I look at your claims as a "potential obtainable" result, but my results may vary. Not everyone looks at it the same way. I think that is all that is being argued here.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I asked for one (not 10 or 20) other example to back up the claims for 330rwhp (dynojet) from a stock engine.

I'll let it go at that.

I didnt say that they are a waste. of course they are not.

I just said its kind of pointless to have a crazy blower pushing all of this Air in and not having the valve curtain improved from a higher lift cam, or the head ports bigger.

im just saying whats the point ? when the gains would be SO much better with internal improvment. If people can afford to buy all this MP stuff, im pretty sure they can afford a template and a dremel. :rolleyes:

Thunder427 said:
a template and a dremel. :rolleyes:
:eek: Head porting with a dremel? See you next spring!

Whats the point of having a crazy head / cam package when you don't have enough air to ram in there?

Toms-SC said:
:eek: Head porting with a dremel? See you next spring!

Whats the point of having a crazy head / cam package when you don't have enough air to ram in there?

How about 295rwhp/380rwtq and 13.77@104mph spinning you butt off the first 100 ft? At 10psi you are being a lot easier on engine parts (headgaskets come to mind) than you are at 17+psi and the same power level (if you're lucky).

I'll take the better breathing engine any day.

no youre saying the complete opposite.

and there is a point. because its a better flowing engine. When is better flowing heads and a bigger cam not better ( maybe not to the extreme, but you do have to match them up nicely ) ? :rolleyes: Thats like one of the basics of building power. better flowing heads, better intake, better cam etc.

my point is the opposite. If you are going to have a crazy blower, why strain it pushing all of this air into an engine thats under a ton of strain getting it through ?

and also, you have never heard of port and polished, or anything for that matter with a dremel ?

last time I checked people did that all of the time.. I understand your bias though, looking at your page, you have no internal mods really ? and have an MP3

Last edited:
Thunder427 said:
and also, you have never heard of port and polished, or anything for that matter with a dremel ?

last time I checked people did that all of the time.. I understand your bias though, looking at your page, you have no internal mods really ? and have an MP3

Dremel? as in this play toy?
dremel%20mototool.jpg

I don't know if you have ever attempted any sort of modifying with a dremel but they are considered play toys in my books. You'l get the job done no problem, but it is going to require A LOT of time and A LOT of bits. Get me a air tool with a carbide bit any day.

Back