Body Molding Strips???

SCmeFly

Now, how can I remove the black door molding on my SC and what should I use to re-apply it? The drivers side and front fender strips are crooked from previous bodywork and i'd like to straighten them out, and help woould be appreciated, thanks!

This is very simple - buy some heavy fishing line like a 50 # monfilament line - wear some leather gloves and use it like dental floss to literally cut or slice through the adhesive. - you can clean up after that with some adhesive remover and your moldings will be gone...

Body Molding Strips

Once you get all of the tape gum off of the paint you will also need to get it off the molding too. You can get the double sided molding adhesive in rolls at any good auto parts store. The Ford molding has a metal strip on the under side which keeps it from stretching but the down side is that its hard to straighten it if it has bends in it. My body man had me heat the metal with a hair dryer and remove it before I remounted it. I layed a masking tape line along the edge of where I wanted it to go then carefully applied it.

thanks

thanks for the help guys, i was gonna go with the hair dryer technique but i wasnt too sure about what to use to get the strips back on. im starting to dig the SCs without the door strips and front/rear bumper strips painted to match the body. But now I know if I wanna put them back on, how I can do it.

Back