wont start

19TbirdSC91

ok, i have a 1987 Cougar, 5.0L, and normally, she starts right up, turn the key and its on, but today, it was raining really hard like, all night and then this morning when i went out it was raining, and i tried to start her, and nothing would happen, it turns over like crazy, but it wont fire, not even attempt to fire, i jus got it and this is the first time that it has rained since i got it, so could have something gotten wet or am i jus crazy, lol, but does anyone have any ideas?...i need help SOON!

Thanks...

Sean if you haven't done so already you may want to post your question over on the tccoa in the 5.0/5.8 tech forum.

Shane

quick35th said:
Sean if you haven't done so already you may want to post your question over on the tccoa in the 5.0/5.8 tech forum.

Shane

that had crossed my mind briefly, but i decided to try the SCCOA first, but obviously that didnt work out as well as i thought it would, lol...btw, i jus went out and tried it, and she fired up, ran a lil funny cuz i think it got flooded slightly when i was trying it, at least it smelled that way...so yeah, im thinkin that i know what it is, but i want some other opinions, so yeah...

you might have water in your spark plug cap or a bad coil or even and bare wire i worked on mustang 5.0 all my life and ame across this problem alot i mean alot so check the cap and rotor yo might have due in it.

Back