Thread: 91 0r 92

racinsc91 Guest

91 0r 92

IS there a way to tell the difference between a 91 and 92 sc? so i can determine what mine is. it was a gift and i don't have the records of it and the person who gave it to me isn't sure.

wickedSC Guest

91 or 92?

If you still have the car, check the 10th digit of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). You know, the metal tag on the upper left corner of the instrument panel (driver's side where the windshield meets the dashboard). If the 10th digit is M, the car is a 1991 model. If it's an N, you got yourself a '92. Other than that, I don't know if there's an actual physical difference between the two model years.

pdennis93 Guest

Re: 91 or 92?

yes there are a few

92's have LED taillights in the back (look at teh reflectors on teh trunk, if they are 2 separate pieces, one on each side of the license plate, its a 92)

white91sc Guest

Re: 91 0r 92

Tail lights.
    1991:

www.sccoa.com/member/images/helms3.jpg
    www.sccoa.com/member/imag...son911.jpg
    www.sccoa.com/member/images/andria2.jpg

1992:
    www.sccoa.com/member/images/kreisz1.jpg
    www.sccoa.com/member/images/christy4.jpg
    www.sccoa.com/member/imag...ering3.jpg

If you look at the '89-91 they are flat, the '92+ have a raised and rounded bottom about 1". That is the quick and easy way to tell and you'll be able to tell for sure. Other differences include gas tank, and whether or not it has the SC in the front bumper cover (may be covered by plate mount).

Adam Mullen
    The SC Kid