Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what is it about a nice looking SC...

I was only messing with you, don't let your panties get in a bunch. I'm going sleeper mode with my car (I'm only going to admit to exhaust). But it's going to have a big fat turbo hiding under the heat shields.

Basically it will look stock except for exhaust but will be low 11 second capable on street tires, hopefully by the beginning of summer =p

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTSC
    I was only messing with you, don't let your panties get in a bunch. I'm going sleeper mode with my car (I'm only going to admit to exhaust). But it's going to have a big fat turbo hiding under the heat shields.

Basically it will look stock except for exhaust but will be low 11 second capable on street tires, hopefully by the beginning of summer =p

looks are only part of the hustlin game my friend. Learn to act stupid (im sure you can do that just fine ) and you should have no problem hustlin some cocky domestic owners into racin you for some change thinkin they got the race in the bag! A fast import is very easy to hustle people with.

My friend had a ~~~ Galant ES (bottom of the line, lowest hp 4cyl in the world lol!) that i put a hidden nitrous kit on. I cant even express into words how fun it was hustlin people with that car (even though it was still slow).
    Last edited by Blown 91 Bird; 11-21-2005 at 11:16 PM.

Again, you had to be there...you were not, so you don't know what I encountered.

1. Broad daylight
    2. one of the most traveled streets in town
    3. rush-hour traffic

There was no hustle going on...Just some young (highschool) kids who felt they had something to prove and being stupid, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by 007_SuperCoupe
    Again, you had to be there...you were not, so you don't know what I encountered.

1. Broad daylight
    2. one of the most traveled streets in town
    3. rush-hour traffic

There was no hustle going on...Just some young (highschool) kids who felt they had something to prove and being stupid, that's all.

but that still does not prove that it was a "15 second car at best". You just dont get it...probably wont either. Id love to race you for $$$$ at the track.

I'd love to find a galant VR4, there was one that had I think just a turbo upgrade (bolt on, not even a kit) at the track and it was running 12 second 1/4s...and I mean low 12s.

The tower announcer loved the car too, because it was SOOOO sleeper. Has the same motor as the eclipse GSX (4g63 AWD). I want one =p

doesnt the GVR4 have 4 wheel stearing? Friend of mine that builds DSM's has one sitting in front of his shop... sweet little car.

Id personally like to have a 1g awd Talon but they just break too much for me to have 2 cars that like to break alot.

Honestly I don't know enough about them to even say more then what I've already said. I think the 3000gt VR4 was the only one with all wheel steering, but I could be wrong.

Such a sleeper.....

OK.. so let me start off by saying that I'm not supporting either one of you.. intenionally anyway... I'm not sure what the cars are like in your neighborhood, but I know what they are like here. What I've noticed about the cars here - The really quick cars are few and far between (sub 12 is what I consider really quick, for this area)

BUT when I went to Minneapolis last April and went to a weekly gathering of car enthusiasts (spelling?) I was surprised as to what was there. A fairly stock looking Neon SRT-4 that ran mid 12's, there was a late model Chevelle that sounded mean as hell, and a stock looking Civic that, in Nebraska - I would consider a ricer - was running a Turbo 4 cylinder with a nice front mount. I thought it was just a local ricer until I took a second look and noticed the FMIC. But around here, there aren't too many quick cars that I see on a regular basis. And for the quick cars that are around here, I bet half of them are in storage by now due to winter. Cars in each area are like the people - they are all different. And around here, you don't see too many street cars in the condition Sam described running quick.

And besides, if your going to race for anything - aren't you going to stop, discuss the wager? (money, bragging rights, the pink slip to your 10 sec Eclipse )

-Melon

Quote Originally Posted by Blown 91 Bird
    thats a pretty bold statement... which could get your money taken real fast. unless it was a bone stock aod car then you may not have had a chance. Good drivers in 5spd GT's with just exhaust can go mid 14's at full weight. Couple more bolt on's and a little suspension work... 13's are no problem.

8 different colors.. $3500 total to build... garunteed to leave you out the hole like you got a stock civic and keep on pullin away
    Same story with the 3rd gen fbodies, but as expected, ignorance of the human being decieves their own minds.

I use my SC as a hustler and it looks soooo much worse than the stang in that picture...
    1994 SC
    4.5L Twin Turbo SVO
    Project GTFD

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTSC
    Honestly I don't know enough about them to even say more then what I've already said. I think the 3000gt VR4 was the only one with all wheel steering, but I could be wrong.

Such a sleeper.....

3000GT VR4's (GTO) werent AWS... but a quick search just answered my question... the first GVR4s were AWS & AWD with the 4g63T powerplant.