Thread: with all this talk....

with all this talk....

With all this talk about the difference between the MPII,MPIII ,AR,etc. it got me wonderin about the return plenums and intake manifolds on our cars. How much air can be moved through them efficiently?? It seems like this is about the last bottle neck as fas as getting the air into the engine. Is there alot that can be gained in that area??

Quote Originally Posted by redtbirdsc
    With all this talk about the difference between the MPII,MPIII ,AR,etc. it got me wonderin about the return plenums and intake manifolds on our cars. How much air can be moved through them efficiently?? It seems like this is about the last bottle neck as fas as getting the air into the engine. Is there alot that can be gained in that area??

I have a lower intake and return plenum I am modifing which should be nice I'll have it done by spring. but I would say there is alot of room for improvement in it!!!

I had my return adapter ported with a difuser welded to better direct airflow..Did it work..Dammed if I know...Paukl at BTM may have some insight to this with test results
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Ask Randy Baker, if he will tell you!

there was some talk about making a raised manifold... didnt they raffle one off?

with all this talk why dont many people go to centrifical blowers.????

if we went with centrifugal blowers we wouldnt have the torque our SCs push out... and there is no space for one...

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar_one
    if we went with centrifugal blowers we wouldnt have the torque our SCs push out... and there is no space for one...
    actually if i could ever find someone who knew enough about hydraulics and wanted to spend the time and money on R&D to build something that will turn the impeller of the blower hydraulicly, you could mount the blower anywhere you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown 91 Bird
    actually if i could ever find someone who knew enough about hydraulics and wanted to spend the time and money on R&D to build something that will turn the impeller of the blower hydraulicly, you could mount the blower anywhere you wanted.
    It would also eliminate that nasty boost lag thing that centrifugal blowers suffer from. Can anyone say "variable drive ratio"???
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave
    It would also eliminate that nasty boost lag thing that centrifugal blowers suffer from. Can anyone say "variable drive ratio"???
    It all depends on the pulley setup on how much "boost lag" centrifugal's have.

With my setup (6.87" crank, 2.75" blower), im making 6-7lbs instantly and climb to 15lbs pretty quick. If i were to switch to a 8" crank pulley and 3.33" blower pulley, id see almost 10+ at the stab of the throttle, and climb to peak boost very quick.

The problem would be figuring out how to get the hydraulic pump to spin the impeller to the desired 50,000+rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown 91 Bird
    It all depends on the pulley setup on how much "boost lag" centrifugal's have.

With my setup (6.87" crank, 2.75" blower), im making 6-7lbs instantly and climb to 15lbs pretty quick. If i were to switch to a 8" crank pulley and 3.33" blower pulley, id see almost 10+ at the stab of the throttle, and climb to peak boost very quick.

The problem would be figuring out how to get the hydraulic pump to spin the impeller to the desired 50,000+rpm.

there is plenty of space to put a blower, its all about sizing the pulleys and the blower itself to the motor.