Im in need of advice

19TbirdSC91

well, its about time to start fixing the ole SC, and i was thinking, do i really want to have one anymore, they arent a car that you have to fix every now and then, there is always something, and im starting to wonder if it is worth all of the money and headaches. even if i do get one in decent shape, there is always gonna be one thing or another wrong with it, i mean, these cars already have numerous problems, and they are only getting older, and having more problems, and i just dont know if its worth it, what do you guys think?

I guess it just depends on how much you really like these cars.

I will always have one.:D

Even with the pesky little problems that she has, I know that I am capable of fixing them......:D

Sean,

I think that you should get the SC that you have now fixed and drive it for a while. They honnestly are more reliable than you give them credit for. As long as you take care of them and dont beat on them every time you drive them you will find that an SC can be a very reliable car. That means Sean if you ever blow a HG again you must change the oil in it before you start driving it again otherwise you will be faced with your current delema again. That being said, little things like that detract from the reliabilaty of an SC. My old 91 SC rarely ever gave me any problems and to this day still gives it's new owner zero problems. Granted I blew out OD in the tranny but the motor runs flawlessly without a doubt.

Bottom line is the decision is yours to make. Just remember that you have someone local to you that can fix nearly anything that could go wrong with your SC.

Shane

Exactly, i think us North Ohio guys are blessed by people like Dave, Doug, and Shane, and other people who know all the in's and out's of these cars and can know whats wrong with them at the drop of a hat, and even better, will fix it for a whole lot less than a crap mechanic and the quality is 100x better. Try finding something as convenient as that with a new Eclipse, per se. You cant. I know i would have crushed this car in an instant if i didnt have the people around me that i do.

Just my $.02
Plus you cant beat the insurance rates on these cars.

quick35th said:
Just remember that you have someone local to you that can fix nearly anything that could go wrong with your SC.

You are lucky to have top notch mechanics in your area that can fix any problem that comes up.......

I have a competent mechanic that does the work on my SCs and they have never had any problems......:D

I won't let just anybody touch my cars.

thanks shane, it is good to know that i have someone 5 minutes away that does know about everything there is to know about SC's (or so he thinks ;) :p ) like i told you, im gonna hold on to it, because just having it sit in the driveway and not being able to drive it is killing me, and i miss the old ~~~~~ a lot...then when i turn 18, its 5 spd time :D then we'll talk races :eek:

all cars always have something wrong with them. the better you take care of them the better off they are and the longer they will last.

by the way shane, I didnt not change the oil on my car, my uncle told me that i MIGHT want to do it soon, because its not good for it, he never told me the extent of the damage it would do, and i was still young and dumb at the time, i still think he should pay to have it fixed for letting me drive it out of his drive way with the oil not changed...i lay most of the blame on him...granted, i should have known, but hey, i guess i learned the hard way, this time, im changing her oil like, once a week;) yeah right, but its not going more than 3 weeks...haha...jp...anyway, i think i need to keep on driving SC's, now i just need to find a nice 5 spd after winter is over, then i'll be happy...(after i learn to drive one, lol)

I love these cars, not only SC's but all T-birds 89-97 I have owned them for the last 8 years. I have always had good luck with them, never had a T-bird let me sitting anywere unless I asked for it. First one I bought was a 1993 v-6 with 70,000 miles on it I ran it till it had 200,000 on it sold it to a 16 year old kid that beat the hell out of it for 2 years then he sold it to the town drunk that wraped it around a tree and killed it, miles unknowen. My second was a 1993 5.0 T-bird with 135,000 on it. I ran it for a few years untill it had 200,000 niles on it with NO probblems at all, sold it to my mom last year and it is still going strong. My third is a 90 35th SC put around 50,000 miles on it with no major probblems except HG's even tough I had it apart 50 times it was only to do mods and fun stuff.

Back