Welcome!~

FearThis SC

Welcome to the SCCoGC!

Please respond if you are interested in becoming a part of this community.

This community will serve those SC'ers that are along the gulf coast regions --Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and the panhandle of Florida.

Cheers,
Calvin

Last edited:
Hey there Fear ya old outlaw! Sure hope we can make good use of this space, many thanks to you & Ron.

By the way, J57ltr is comin' over on Saturday. He's gonna goof around with some aluminum on the milling machine.

'bird

I wish I could make it this weekend, but my schedule is awful tight right now. We will ALL get together very soon.

Cheers,
Calvin

Last edited:
We definitely need to crank this one up. When SCCoSW sort of split off with the title, things sort of ground to a halt around here. They're good guys and all, but I'd like to keep an identity associated with SCCOA myself.

TBirdSCFan--
You are more than welcome to join us.

I'm currently waiting for those interested in being a part of this club to answer here, that way I will have a good handle of whos in the club! Since this is the first SC club for this area, that I know of!!! Most of our members are in Texas and Louisiana. Hopefully more will want to join us from other gulf states!!

Thanks,
Calvin

Last edited:
Hey guys

I just wanted to start out by saying that we here in Alabama are technically already part of the Southeast Chapter. Didnt know if you guys knew that or not but if you still want to include us I guess I have no problem with that. We even have a few "members" in Mississippi but none of us have ever seen them. Maybe they think its too far to drive to our meets but then again some people never come anyway. I dont think there would be any problem with turning over Mississippi to you guys, might be better anyway. If you'd like to get their info, contact Mike Puckett. He lives in the Atlanta area and is the unofficial coordinator for our bunch.
By the way guys, although it may be a bit far away I would like to extend an invitation to our meet in Chattanooga TN on Aug 10th and 11th. As you can see this will be a 2 day thing, and we have been planning numerous activities. Guaranteed to be a great time. Check our board for the latest info.
SC ya,
Jason Parham
Tuscaloosa AL

Draw a circle with a 500 mile radius.. to me thats a practical range.. Close enough to make a trip to a meet within a day's drive.. Far enough to include a lot of owners. So, if your circle overlaps 2 or more chapters.. go for it.

I was planning on the national meet, but backed out when I tallied up the time and the fact that it would be me driving the whole way. That was right at 1000 miles.. 18hours (22 with a break long enough to catch some rest) of driving. I'd drive maybe up to 12 to attend an SCCOA event.

Re: Hey guys

Jason Parham said:
By the way guys, although it may be a bit far away I would like to extend an invitation to our meet in Chattanooga TN on Aug 10th and 11th. As you can see this will be a 2 day thing, and we have been planning numerous activities. Guaranteed to be a great time. Check our board for the latest info.
SC ya,
Jason Parham
Tuscaloosa AL

Sure did want to show up in Choochoo, girlfriend has to work that weekend though. 700+- ain't a bad little run, here in Texas we gotta go 100 miles to do anything, 300 miles to have fun. Hope your deal turns out well, sure did want to see the sights up there, been about 10-12 years since I been up there.

Have fun & take LOTS of pics of the meet!

'bird

i wanna know more about this

im from gautier ms i wanna know more about this chapter i didn't know it existed until just now send me more info on what this chapter will consist of my email is metall1kat@aol.com
p.s. very intrested not having a local chapter is the only reason i didn't join the sccoa

If all goes well, I'll be picking up my SC this weekend. Maybe I can hang out with you guys some.

;)

BTW, I think this forum could use a few more moderators! :p

(Moderated by: FearThis SC, Bill Evanoff, blkthndr, Dick Adams, gldiii)

1 per post? LOL!

Last edited:
JAFO---
Where are you buying the car from? Is it in my local area of New Orleans? Just curious on where you found your SC at?

Just let me know when you can make it down and we can hook up!!

Cheers,
Calvin

It's about 600 miles from here, straight north. We're doing some traveling this weekend, get a chance to get acquainted with it on the way home.

Ahhh, Ok. Post some pictures when you get a chance! Would love to see whatcha bought!!!

Cheers,
Calvin

Mvc-112f.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty much just what yours looks like in your picture there. Unless I've got a big big surprise waiting for me! '91 though, can't wait to see it.

Esco--
We have get togethers in Houston for time to time. Most of the players here are from your area. Just a few of us are in Louisiana and Mississippi. You are more than welcome to join us at any meeting engagement in the future. The more the merrier!!!

Trying to schedule a meeting in H Town for Mid October timeframe. More information to follow....stay tuned!

Cheers,
Calvin

alright that sounds fun. I am in college station right now attending Texas A&M, so let me know in advance that way I can make sure to be down in houston for it.

This picture was taken in March timeframe in Houston!
We have had one other meeting but I was too drunk to take pictures!

Houston Blower Crew from Left to Right:
Stephen--ForceFed95SC
Wynn---Tbird88
Calvin---ME
Jeff---J57ltr....his garage!
Vernon Cradier
HoustonCrew_Blowers.jpg

Cheers,
Calvin

WOOF!

JAFO said:
Pretty much just what yours looks like in your picture there. Unless I've got a big big surprise waiting for me! '91 though, can't wait to see it.

Saw your car on the non-tech board, that's a gorgeous car!

'bird

Jafo's '91

Back