Midwest Meet?

Doug - are you talking about coming down on Jan 21? Or when/if we have the larger meet later in the year? Just double checking

-Melon

yep

forcfed93 said:
Can we come too?!?!?!?!? :eek:

I think we might be able to get 3-4 to come!!!!

Maybe Al will have the White (Kansas) SC running by then!!!! ;)
Hell yes BTW-- It wouldn't be the same without ya!!!
You know I hear Im a local legend among the rice crowd in Iowa
they scared of Sc's all the way to NE cause of me
Local legend with KS tags
hehe
your gonna havta come here an make a name fer youself boy!!!

maybe al will have the white sc runnin?
It was runnin when it left ks
LMAO----;)

Ill probably make the trip if my tranny is in by then. If not maybe Ill drive the truck.

Doug

doug how long does it take in OK for a tranny to go in
dang bring it here we will do it in a couple hours...
Marc

date's anyone? may? june?? lets try to schedule this around other SC events!!
Marc

ummmm

seawalkersee said:
Tracks are all closed here now till spring.

Its just a meet.

*sigh*

Chris

:(

this is for spring
Ill call jeff at K.C.I.R and see what kinda rate they can do
and check into the same hotel we used both in 2001 -2002
ahhhh yes tell yo girls to bring they suits (oh umm i mean nevermind) :p
I am NOT looking to rent the track unless this gets bigger
so we will do a test and tune night or run whatcha brung night
Marc

the last weekend in April and last weekend in May isn't good for me, but otherwise I'm pretty open.

Last weekend of April is our local dyno/tune so attendance from Nebraska would be pretty lame. And I could actually make it the last weekend of May - I'd just haveta be home by Sunday night. Hopefully, I'll have my 'Bird running by then :D

-Melon

Melon said:
the last weekend in April and last weekend in May isn't good for me, but otherwise I'm pretty open.

Last weekend of April is our local dyno/tune so attendance from Nebraska would be pretty lame. And I could actually make it the last weekend of May - I'd just haveta be home by Sunday night. Hopefully, I'll have my 'Bird running by then :D

-Melon
Melon,
Have you got room for a 91 SC at the dyno tune? Mine still needs to be done!!!

As for good dates, I'll know in the next few weeks what dates we will have for the 2 Club Clash Events so I can tell you more then ...... TriState raceway publishs the schedule the 1st week in Feb ...... The spring race will most likey be around May 20th.

Last edited:
We've got 8 people interested now, and last year, we had 9 (should have had 10, but I blew HG's) :D

I'll e-mail you what info I have at this point Mike.

-Melon

Melon said:
We've got 8 people interested now, and last year, we had 9 (should have had 10, but I blew HG's) :D

I'll e-mail you what info I have at this point Mike.

-Melon
Sounds good ...... Im very interested and if you have an open spot you can "ink me in". ( Unless i die or go bankrupt before then, that is!!! :D )

Add Wife & I to the list...thats 2 caaarz wife in the 35th. how about racing not
required how ever some tools & knowhow would be good, I can bring A/C
parts & freon for you that need it. Mod & repair party. (minor repair) ;)
Oh & I need Electrical help like fog light rely mod , cd player, extra elec. things,seat belts intermitint brake light

&.....I am in wichita so I can meet up with any one taveling by & caravan up da meet!

Matt

Last edited:
35thauto said:
Add Wife & I to the list...thats 2 caaarz wife in the 35th. how about racing not
required how ever some tools & knowlage would be good, I can bring A/C
parts & freon for you that need it. Mod & repair party. (minor repair) ;)

&.....I am in wichita so I can meet up with any one taveling by & caravan up da meet!

Matt

Matt,
Send me an email (smalone@neb.rr.com). I've got a few things A/C related that I'd like to ask you about. :) It'll just get off-topic for this thread.

I've been looking at the calander a bit lately and have it down to 3 different weekends in June. The All Ford Nationals in Carlisle is on June 2-5, so that weekend is out, but the next three are fair game, the 10-11, 17-18, and 24-25. My personal vote is for the 17-18 or 24-25 so that we give those who plan on attending Carlisle a chance to recover before making another trip (catering to the St. Louis crowd here). We would like to make a decision by the end of the month so we can let every one know when it is, so the out of towners can start making travel plans.

Those of you who are interested in attending, post your weekend preference here so we can get a consensus as to which weekend will work best. If the NE crowd is attending the upcoming mini-meet, we'll get your vote then.

The 17/18th is Father's day weekend, so the 24/25th would probably work better for me. BTW, Where are you guys planning to have the meet.. KC ?

David

David Neibert said:
The 17/18th is Father's day weekend, so the 24/25th would probably work better for me. BTW, Where are you guys planning to have the meet.. KC ?

David

Hehe...the calendar I was using doesn't have Father's day on it...hehe...

Looking more like 24-25 then...

And yes, we are planning on the KC area since it is pretty centrally located for our "target" participation. (around 3-hours for us NE guys, 3-hours for the south central KS guys, 3-hours for the St Louis guys, etc)

Sam its more like 4-hours. Its 3-hours from St. Joseph with is 1-hour north of Kansas city. Thats at 75 mph on interstate and 65 mph on the famous 2 hwy.

007_SuperCoupe said:
Hehe...the calendar I was using doesn't have Father's day on it...hehe...

Looking more like 24-25 then...

And yes, we are planning on the KC area since it is pretty centrally located for our "target" participation. (around 3-hours for us NE guys, 3-hours for the south central KS guys, 3-hours for the St Louis guys, etc)

Last edited:
I can always make it to Indepenance in 3.5 hours if I drive straight through. Either way, it is a nice Central location from Lincoln, Omaha, Wichita, Topeka, St. Louis, Columbia, etc.

Should be a good time!! Are we planning on going to KCIR? I see that they have an open grudge night on Friday night that I will most likely try and make, esp. since Scribner is closed.

Thomas

Travs91sc said:
Sam its more like 4-hours. Its 3-hours from St. Joseph with is 1-hour north of Kansas city. Thats at 75 mph on interstate and 65 mph on the famous 2 hwy.

I usually make it down there in just about 3 hours, maybe 3:15. But when I go down, we're either on the NW side or NE side of KC. And figuring the location where I actually live, that takes off a lot of time.

Thomas A said:
Should be a good time!! Are we planning on going to KCIR? I see that they have an open grudge night on Friday night that I will most likely try and make, esp. since Scribner is closed.

That's one of the things that we are going to try to get set-up. We are not going to try to rent the track or anything, but Marc is going to look into when it's available for some "open" racing. He just needs dates from us, which is looking more and more like 24-25. I plan to have some information put out soon. I'd also like to get a group rate at a hotel for the meet as well. There's one that I stay at a lot when I'm down in the KC area that's pretty nice. I'm going to check and see how the location is in comparison to KCIR. I know the hotel is on the north east side of KC...I just don't know where KCIR is...But that's easily fixed with a small effort...hehe

KCIR is approximately 6-10 miles south of I-70 on Noland Rd which is approximatley 3-5 miles east of 435 and 2-3 miles west of 291 Hwy. There are a few Hotels there at the intersection of Noland and I-70 BUT HEAD MY WARNINGS ABOUT STAYING THERE...Noland Rd is a teen cruise parkway. It is known in more states then just MO. With those little darlings comes @$$loads of crime. I STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT STAYING THERE.

Chris

seawalkersee said:
KCIR is approximately 6-10 miles south of I-70 on Noland Rd which is approximatley 3-5 miles east of 435 and 2-3 miles west of 291 Hwy. There are a few Hotels there at the intersection of Noland and I-70 BUT HEAD MY WARNINGS ABOUT STAYING THERE...Noland Rd is a teen cruise parkway. It is known in more states then just MO. With those little darlings comes @$$loads of crime. I STRONGLY SUGGEST NOT STAYING THERE.

Chris

Where I'm thinking of is further north. I just want to make sure that it's not a 1-hour commute to get to any of the places we may go, like KCIR. I'll do some digging and get post back here.

Back