Some Help If You Could

GREATWHITE666

HELLO, I GOT MY SC A FEW MONTHS AGO. ITS A 95 AUTO. ANYWAY, SHORTLY AFTER A LITTLE THING STARTED BUGGING ME, THE TEMP GAUGE STARTED JUMPING AROUND. IT STILL DOES IT, IT WILL BE AT COLD JUST KINDA TWITCHING WHEN IT WANTS TO, AND THEN EVERY NOW AND THEN IT WILL START WORKING AND SIT WHERE IT SHOULD BE, BUT THEN AFTER 30 SECONDS OR SO, IT WILL TWITCH ITS WAY BACK DOWN. NOT SURE IF THERES A CABLE OR SENSOR OR WHAT, I JUST WOULD LIKE ALL THE GAUGES TO WORK, IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IT COULD BE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, THANKS A LOT. EMAIL WOULD BE BEST--- OR YOU COULD POST--
YANKEE9642@AOL.COM
-DAMON

Check out the wiring connection to the temp. sender. There is a 90 degree elbow that pushes on to the sender (one wire connection), that sometimes opens up a bit and does not fit tightly on to the stud terminal of the sender. It should be located at the top / front of the motor, very near to the thermostat housing / upper rad hose connector.

hope this helps

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

In the process

HEY FAST ED, YES YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE BASICALLY TOLD ME THE SAME THING ABOUT THE TEMP GAUGE PROBLEM, THE ELBOW ACTUALLY WAS JUST ABOUT TO FALL OFF SO IM HOPING THATS IT, ILL KNOW THE NEXT TIME I GO FOR A DRIVE, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP, I HATED THAT THING NOT WORKING!! ALSO-- I WENT TO YOUR SITE-- YOUR CAR IS AWESOME, I HAVE A 95 SC BUT ITS AN AUTO, I DONT MIND AS MUCH ANYMORE, AS LONG AS I HAVE ONE. ANYWAY,, COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME INPUT ON A GOOD EXHAUST SYSTEM TO GET? I WAS TOLD TO DO EXHAUST BEFORE INTAKE BECAUSE OF PRESSURE AND IM SURE EXHAUST IS MORE EXPENSIVE BUT I JUST WANTED TO GET AN IDEA ABOUT IT. JUST THROW OUT SOME PRICES AND COMBOS OF STUFF IF YOU GET ANY TIME, NO RUSH, THANKS AGAIN.
-DAMON

Damon, it's very likely that's what was causing your problem. Happened to mine last summer.

Thanks for the compliment on my car ... a lot of scrambling to get things done before the All-Ford Nats in Carlisle last month ... the 97 lights, getting the 97 hood installed and painted in time (ended up being the day before we left), and the Cobra brake install, had to wait to put those on until my new rims that took me a month to pick out showed up.

Anyway, for exhaust, if you have the budget, consider doing front to back on the car, and headers if you can afford it. If not, go with some 2-1/4" downpipes off the manifolds with high-flow catalytics, a small muffler for a resonator in the middle, and 3" pipe into a Y with 2-1/2" pipes and mufflers at the rear. Have a look at Bill McNeil's site, another Toronto boy ... he has a good picture of his system, which is similar to what I've described.

http://bmcneil2.tripod.com/

The exhaust is VERY restrictive on the SC, you definitely want to do something with it to improve performance.

cheers
Ed N.

Back