SC Shootout 2006 Rules First Draft

xThunderbirdSCx said:
That makes sense in some aspects, if you are just planning on getting straight to the finals. Is there going to be consolation brackets for the people getting knocked out in the first round (say, a 15 sec car vs a 13 sec car) so as to establish a 5th - 10th place?
No, there is no 5th place. ;) The classes break up the cars based on the rules. You will not see any 13 sec vs. 15 sec cars. However, if you suck at heads up racing you can always bracket race. That's all about the driver. :D

Spare tires and jacks in the car....do they count as original equipment or can they be removed?

5) Pro Street This class is for the car that pushes the definition of an SC. A race car that makes no excuses.

Engine. 3.8/4.2L based Ford V6 engine. How about any Ford V6

Body. Any MN12 body allowed.

Tires. Unrestricted

Suspension. Unrestricted.

Interior. Must meet NHRA/IHRA safety rules.

Index. None

Mike, because the 3.8L/4.2 motor has the lowest potential component-wise of any Ford V6 we feel that it would not be appropriate to encourage any other block in the class, particularly since cylinder head sealing is such an issue with the 3.8L motor.

For example, if someone wanted to build a 4.0 SOHC motor with a turbo I could see 25psi, 7500rpm and 700rwhp. Not something really possible with a 3.8L motor.

Kurt K said:
You just want me to have to beat Dan Sly again!

Unless we can get around the 3700 lb weight minimum, I'll have to run in pro-street class. I weighed in at 3550 last time. Well.... :rolleyes: then again, I could just put some bags of sand in my trunk.;)

Slysc said:
Unless we can get around the 3700 lb weight minimum, I'll have to run in pro-street class. I weighed in at 3550 last time. Well.... :rolleyes: then again, I could just put some bags of sand in my trunk.;)
Slap on a set of 17x9 cobra R's and you'll be well on your way to 3700 lbs :D

Besides, I don't really want you in my class anyway because I know I got lucky beating you in the past.

P.S. Took you long enough to read this post :p

Last edited:
Slysc said:

Dan, what about bolting some ballast in the car? Or maybe carrying a bunch of extra hood pins? ;)

cheers
Ed N.

Ooucchh

Yo Dan
Salt for that wound bro (LOL) not
well,,,
My wife goes home with other men after the shootout (not me) i GET TO SLEEP IN MY car ALONE for a few nights after the shootout :eek:
and you can't live down some hood pins....:confused:

What do the rules say about roll cages. When does one need one and will it be inforced at this years shoot out?
Mike Tuck

Mike, roll cage rules are whatever is mandated by the sanctioning body for the track. KilKare is an NHRA track, so IIRC, 12.49 or quicker is the current cutoff for needing a roll bar.

cheers
Ed N.

Ed, that is not correct. 11.500 is the NHRA cuttoff for necessary roll bar use. At the SC Shootout, it will be required per NHRA rules that any car which qualifies faster than 11.500 will require a roll bar or be disqualified. If a competitor without a roll bar which exceeds the cuttoff in eliminations will also be disqualified. Open time trials prior to qualifying will not be policed by the SC Shootout but will be subject to the discretion of the track.

Just to be clear, there will be open time trials for approximately 3 hrs. This will be followed by 1 qualifying pass prior to eliminations. FTD for each driver will be pulled from ALL runs made, but only qualifying and elimination runs are subject to the posted event rules.

XR7 Dave said:
Ed, that is not correct. 11.500 is the NHRA cuttoff for necessary roll bar use. At the SC Shootout, it will be required per NHRA rules that any car which qualifies faster than 11.500 will require a roll bar or be disqualified. If a competitor without a roll bar which exceeds the cuttoff in eliminations will also be disqualified. Open time trials prior to qualifying will not be policed by the SC Shootout but will be subject to the discretion of the track.

Bummer....:(

Since I'm not getting a roll bar, I'll have to go for my quickest runs during the time trials (take my chances with track officials) and then slow it down for the eliminations.

David

Randy N Connie said:
SAND BAGGER.
:)

rANDY
Ha, if I thought I could run better than that I'd be installing a roll cage. There are a few cars that will need to have them and at least two of them begin there name with a D!
Mike Tuck

XR7 Dave said:
Ed, that is not correct. 11.500 is the NHRA cuttoff for necessary roll bar use.

Thanks for correcting me, David. I was too lazy to look at the NHRA site, and was going by memory. :rolleyes:

cheers
Ed N.

David Neibert said:
Bummer....:(

Since I'm not getting a roll bar, I'll have to go for my quickest runs during the time trials (take my chances with track officials) and then slow it down for the eliminations.

David

David, I guess it's a gamble to see how things turn out. Personally I would keep it turned up and do whatever it takes to win the race. If that forces you to break out, then just make it a good one. :D FTD will still stand.

XR7 Dave said:
However, if you suck at heads up racing you can always bracket race. That's all about the driver. :D
OK, I dont suck at heads up driving, my car does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back