Who's strapping their cars to the dyno at Carlisle?

B

BlackbirdSC

Who's strapping their cars to the dyno at Carlisle?

Just curious. I'm planning on being one of the first ones on the list on Saturday.

Hoping for +40 on the numbers in my sig. :)

Later,
Steve

Re: Who's strapping their cars to the dyno at Carlisle?

I will probably hop on. If I do some more porting on my car I might get close to 270HP/360tq. Of course this is with no ice. Do you ice your car down before runs? I'm sure if I did that then the 270 wouldn't be a problem (on the first run at least).

Micah

P.S. And my car will probably go wildly lean and blow up too.

I'm planing to go on want to see if al this $$ is paying off
Marcin

No ice for me.

I'll have my coolant fan running on high speed the whole time and hopefully an IC fan on too. That's 'bout it. I'm planning on the first run being a 'test' run to maybe 4500, the 2nd WFO to 5500 or so and then maybe swap pulleys for the 3rd run and see what she can do.

Steve

Woopss... dup'd the first one.

Carlisle dyno thoughts

Given that you'll be sitting waiting for a few hours to get on, your car should have a chance to cool down siginificantly before the run.

Next, recall they only use that god awful mini leaf blower fan to cool the car. No IC cooling whatsoever. But, we did jam like 5 lb. of ice in someone's IC shroud (Steve, was that on your car?) which helped keep that mofo cool. I'd like to dry ice someone's entire IC system this year :)

Finally, it should be LOTS cooler this year than in years past. That's probably worth 10hp right there...

Re: Carlisle dyno thoughts

Tim Hendleman (sp). Wasnt' it worth like 20RWHP.

Micah

Nay.. wasn't me with the ice.

Looks like I might not have the IC fan after all. Flipping Fed Ex 'lost' the package. Figures. Their website CLAIMS it was delivered yesterday afternoon, but my neighbor saw the driver park on the street, look around his truck for awhile like he was lost but never came to the house.

Wonderful....

Steve

Go to the location and raise hell Steve, I want to see good dyno numbers. Fedex has someone there most of the time even if they look closed.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Back