Auto Glass

89SCK@t

I called Thad Ziegler(Zee-gler) Auto glass here in San Antonio because I cannot find anything to fix my driver window. $122 and it includes mounting hardware. I do not know anything about the warranty...The dealerships in the area go through this company to get their auto glass.

here is the website: http://www.zieglerglass.com/

Too bad they don't ship. They could make a lot of money from us owners of the 89-93 TBirds...Hell, if it lasts me as long as the original glass did, 15 years, then it would be a good investment.

Stephen

89SCK@t said:
I called Thad Ziegler(Zee-gler) Auto glass here in San Antonio because I cannot find anything to fix my driver window. $122 and it includes mounting hardware. I do not know anything about the warranty...The dealerships in the area go through this company to get their auto glass.

here is the website: http://www.zieglerglass.com/

Too bad they don't ship. They could make a lot of money from us owners of the 89-93 TBirds...Hell, if it lasts me as long as the original glass did, 15 years, then it would be a good investment.

Stephen

Man, you should have contacted me. The salvage yards are full of side glass around here. We could have swapped one out in about 20 minutes. I don't know how much they get for glass at the yards, but I'll bet $40 would have easily covered it. But at least you got a warranty from Ziegler, so that's worth something.

If you ever need to do the pass. side, get ahold of me...

JD

I hear ya. I'm talking about the driver door window...the ones that always come off the clips...I have yet to find anything that can handle the stress the motor creates to keep the window "glued" in.

89SCK@t said:
I hear ya. I'm talking about the driver door window...the ones that always come off the clips...I have yet to find anything that can handle the stress the motor creates to keep the window "glued" in.

I had one that came loose on an '89 SC that I had this spring, and I have the stuff to fix it right. If the glass is pulling out of the brackets, it's probably due to excessive drag on the glass run channel. Might be misaligned, dirty, or bent. Check the glass run in the door window frame, and the lower guide bolted to the rear of the glass inside the door. If the window moves smoothly, it's alot less likely to pull out of the brackets. It's also easier on the window motor gearbox.

Anyway, sounds like you've already gotten it straightened out. If you want to do your passenger side, get ahold of me.

JD

My car got broke into awhile back and I got my glass from a junkyard that pulled it for me. Got it for $35 and it was tinted. Check the yards first.

When I was searching for auto glass shop then something came in mind like do you guys give lifetime warranty or 24*7 services and do you have mobile services because this auto glass shop are providing all the things at reasonable prices. Some of them give insurance credibility too.

Auto Glass

Back