Autorotor answers

seawalkersee

We had the Kansas meet yesterday. There was an AR car there. With three pulls on the Dyno and three different jackshaft sizes, the second of the two yeilded the best gains.

The first pull was at 24lbs or so of boost. It made WAYYYYYYYY lower power then I expected at that boost level. The second pull was with a larger pully and was near 18lbs (I think) of boost and was 50+ hp higher. The third pully was even smaller and I believe the numbers were near the first pull numbers.

I dont want to post the numbers of the car because I want to let him have his braggin rights.

The reason I post this is because of the boost levels. He said he had used the same belt the entire time he had been using the AR kit. That was him running at the highest boost level. We talked about that briefly and he said that he had gone through two belts while he was using/tuning for the eaton (again, I dont know if he had a MP II or what). I just found it interesting that using that HUGE amount of boost has passed the gains of the blower. Not that it was a bad thing. But the fact that it was running that much boost and then dropping it down a few psi to show well over the 300 mark was pretty significat in my book.

I dont know all of the other mods on this car so we will wait for him to post here.

Chris

yep

yes...You do not have to overdrive an A/R... (what a concept)
he could not believe what type of boost it was putting down
He was so impressed he made sure to tell us and show us his
811 RWH cobra
and also how much was spent on it..... like close to 100,000 (am I correct?)
can't remeber but it know it ran low 9'S
for what Julian told me was done to his car (other mods)
I as everyone there was BLOWN AWAY.....
Post your mods Julian

and BTW
I thought the dyno was purty nifty ,,
little nerve racking maybe (and it wasn't even my car going on there)

Yeah, he said 113,000 additional dollars in the car. But he said $13,000 of that was tires, wheels and brakes...How about his 28mpg at 120 mph?

It was a good day for all of us. I learned a thing or two.

Chris

I don't follow, you guys post boost numbers but not actual results. I guess people do have things to hide afterall. Whatever. :rolleyes:

The owner of the SC also had the Cobra? Or was he just at the dyno and was impressed with the SC?

I haven't seen any answers in this post....just more questions. I assume we are talking about Julian's car...can you guys at least confirm that much.

So what HP and TQ did it make at each of the boost levels ?

David

Chris told me it was Julian in a PM, but I read the posts above as if he had the Cobra. That is why I am confused.

Hey I didnt start this!

As far as overdriving the AR it has an internaly different gear ratio so all pulleys being equal it will spin at a different RPM making different boost. I know with my 2.2 it had no problems making over 24psi. I;d be interested in knowing what kind of power and at what RPM's as well

NO NO NO...It is Millers car. I want HIM to post the numbers as to what it did. I only posted this to show that the numbers and gains ARE what you were saying they were Dave. Dont take this as a bad thing. Read it as it is and hope Miller posts the numbers. If he does not post them by tomorrow, I will.

The guy who runs the shop had the cobra and was impressed to say the least with the SC.

And you guys KNOW BETTER....NO GAMES HERE. In fact, with this post, you could probably ease a few minds...except the fact that hearing that thing whistle/whine was absolutely MIND BLOWING, at 6 grand too.

Chris

90blkbrd said:
David you know what car it is, you tuned it in Omaha. :)

The tune was in Lincoln :p And Julian has a 94 blower with MP Inlet before he went AR.

And to the best of my knowledge, Julian doesn't own a Cobra. He hasn't his new job for that long :p

-Melon

huh>

XR7 Dave said:
I've posted every answer I have. I think people just like playing games.

I don't understand myself then

I said in my first post it was Julian

did not want any answers from you I do believe this was to get Julian to post...
was from my end that Is what I read into it from the first

I actually do NOT know what the car ended up putting down HP/TQ

I do know like I said in the above post
the dyno guy was blown away that the old pushrod 3.8 was up to that much boost....

julian got like 237,000 page printout of lots of perameters
I am not the person to post these #'s as I do not have them
I do know that I like Julian think it is silly that a A/R powered car would not be considered on this board by alot of you a TRUE SC

maybe he will post the #'s maybe not
take the post for what it is worth
a push for Julian

What?????

Nettlesd said:
Huh? You didn't invite me go along? :confused:

I thought you would know its all over the midwest board

I TOLD chris to call you....

No really what I said was lets just go show up at you house!!!

MakoSC said:
yes...You do not have to overdrive an A/R... (what a concept)
he could not believe what type of boost it was putting down
He was so impressed he made sure to tell us and show us his
811 RWH cobra
and also how much was spent on it..... like close to 100,000 (am I correct?)
can't remeber but it know it ran low 9'S
for what Julian told me was done to his car (other mods)
I as everyone there was BLOWN AWAY.....
Post your mods Julian

and BTW
I thought the dyno was purty nifty ,,
little nerve racking maybe (and it wasn't even my car going on there)

AND NOW
i quote Myself In this post not just 1 time but 2
YES TWO TIMES I SAY ITS JULIAN"S CAR
this above quote is the 2 nd post in this thread now again read slowly and carefully ,,,,,,

MakoSC said:
I thought you would know its all over the midwest board

I TOLD chris to call you....

No really what I said was lets just go show up at you house!!!

Nah, totally missed that thread. I rarely check any chapter threads so that's why I missed it. Well, wait a minute, since the crew wasn't going to show up Kurt, Tony, Micah, David) maybe that's why Chris didn't call me. :D

Bummer, it sounds like everyone had a good time and I had nothing to do that day at all. Hey, I even would have drove the SC over there.

Nettlesd said:
Nah, totally missed that thread. I rarely check any chapter threads so that's why I missed it. Well, wait a minute, since the crew wasn't going to show up Kurt, Tony, Micah, David) maybe that's why Chris didn't call me. :D

Bummer, it sounds like everyone had a good time and I had nothing to do that day at all. Hey, I even would have drove the SC over there.

Duane,

Were you aware of the upcoming TBU party/meet ? I'd hate for you to miss it too.

David

Back