Autorotor answers

seawalkersee said:
Speaking of 210 CFMs...is that one of the generic formulas that will work for a v-8 car too? Would you expect to see them go up as well maybe towards the 220 CFMs?

Chris

Yes that was a thumb rule I listed.
V-8 could be a little lower 203 cfms.
V-6 a little higher than than 210. but very close.

I listed this number because I don't know if you want
V-8 numbers or V-6 numbers.

You can figuar how many Cfms of flow you need by adding
bore ,stroke, to come up with the amont of CFMs you need
for a certain amount of VE or horsepower you want or need
for your engine. I don't remember how to do it.And I don't
have easy access to my notes & books to look it up.

Here is a picture of a mod that will help in producing flat and wider torque
curve.A manifold that has a larger plenum volume.(raised more plenum volume)
This is what a number of ones on the fastest/RWHP list have used with the ported blowers MPIII,Coy Miller, Jim Demmit, .Chris Wise, use a larger IC PLENUM ,Dave Dalke,used a larger IC plenum with raised manifold.(
big HP with A/R blower.)
I am not on any list but,I use a larger plenum with manifold mods.(the highest stock motor,on gas,RWHP with back-up proof,MPIII.) Dan Sly uses a version
of his own plenum and manifold mod,and he do's very well in the power department,and on the top part of SCCoA's list.

A raised manifold and larger plenum I think would help KEVINs goal along.

Hear is a picture of a raised manifold set-up for M 90 blowers.
On the A/R blower manifolds the plenum bolt base would be lower.

Damon should have one of the best flowing manifold,when he finishes his.
But then he went and layed a radiator in the air path of the blowers air.
But with his water to air cooling.He should be able to come up with the most consistent tune with his ideas.

Thanks Randy

Attachments

• i000_0289.jpg
    i000_0289.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I see...How much did you raise that by? When you modify those, do you mill the return out yourself or is it cut off of the old lower and raised as well...or is it even raised at all? Do you lower the inside at all? Is the area that you have made on the inside calculated or just enlarged by means of fitting the blower onto it? Would cutting the bottom out JUST for the purpose of more air add any range or broaden the range I guess? OR is this the greatest it needs to be for what the heads can flow?

Chris

On the 4.6 intakes, the guys have started tapping into the back drivers side intake at the head (into the water jacket) and running a line up to the front crossover. I think that could help add sum timing to that setup as well.

Chris

Chris that a common mod for alot of motors to better circulate the coolant.

The lower intake on my AR has had the runers themselves recontoured and slightly enlarged and straightened. There is then an IC box that will sit sandwhiched inbetween the blower and lower intake that can be removed. I plan on runing alcohol when I up the boost and was even thinking of playing with nitrous. As always I'll update when something starts happening again.

Damon

Ya, I was PO'd when I saw that too but there is nothing that can be done other than maybe put a nice sticker over it. :mad:

Do you guys really care if it says AR upside down? So I guess no one will be retrofitting any M112's cause they might say Eaton upside down....gasp. Small potatoes.

Back to the 4.6L intake dyno test. Are you talking about the upper intake or the lower intake? I know C&L makes a new cast upper intake which is basically just an elbow that connects the TB to the lower intake. If they dyno tested this and got 12 HP....I would be happy with that considering it's like a $250 piece and a breeze to install.

Micah

Earlier in this thread I posted, I was having some noise come from my new MPIII.

Turned out to be a bearing going bad on the jackshaft to blower
tention idler pulley.

But I would like to get some tighter couplers, that would run with a little
less noise.

Sorry for bad mouthing the MPIII before I checked a little closer.

Thanks Randy

Randy N Connie said:
Earlier in this thread I posted, I was having some noise come from my new MPIII.

Turned out to be a bearing going bad on the jackshaft to blower
tention idler pulley.

But I would like to get some tighter couplers, that would run with a little
less noise.

Sorry for bad mouthing the MPIII before I checked a little closer.

Thanks Randy
very upstanding randy, I have a friend that has a MPIII that also complained about the marbles sounds. Turns out the blower pulley was loose!

XR7 Dave said:
Ya, I was PO'd when I saw that too but there is nothing that can be done other than maybe put a nice sticker over it. :mad:

Dave, if its alright I am going to call you tonight at 6pm when I am off work about possibly getting an AR.

Shane

Back