XR7 Center Caps

still looking

you still looking for those center caps???lol i a going to Harry's this weekend looking for my fender, if ya don't come up with anything by then, let me know and i will see if i and find ya some.....We can trade up for those headers!!!!!LOL:D :eek: :rolleyes:

SCTIM said:
you still looking for those center caps???lol i a going to Harry's this weekend looking for my fender, if ya don't come up with anything by then, let me know and i will see if i and find ya some.....We can trade up for those headers!!!!!LOL:D :eek: :rolleyes:

Tim,
Let me know if they have all four. It has to come off XR7 seven spoke wheels.

BTW...I am planning on redoing the exhaust, so headers and exhaust are yours.

Later
Ken

Cougar caps........!

Ken, I might have the set you are looking for!?! the set I have look like the one's in the pictures from peoples cars in the member's site, but I can't tell if they are plastic or steel, mine seem to be stainless, what are the dimensions? anything specific I should look for to ascertain if I have what you need? cheers Frank H.

White Lightning said:
Ken, I might have the set you are looking for!?! the set I have look like the one's in the pictures from peoples cars in the member's site, but I can't tell if they are plastic or steel, mine seem to be stainless, what are the dimensions? anything specific I should look for to ascertain if I have what you need? cheers Frank H.

Frank,
I can not remember the dimensions, but I believe they are under 7" in dia. I thought they were plastic, but could be wrong. I know the center ring that attaches to the wheel should look like it is riveted the cover.

I hope this helps
Thanks
Ken

Ken Seegers said:
Frank,
I can not remember the dimensions, but I believe they are under 7" in dia. I thought they were plastic, but could be wrong. I know the center ring that attaches to the wheel should look like it is riveted the cover.

I hope this helps
Thanks
Ken

Hello,

I bought a set of 3 NOS XR7 caps recently. They measure approximately 6.5" overall diameter, and 6" over the retainer ring. The retainer ring is stainless steel, and is heat staked to the plastic cap.

The best source that I've found for these is Green Sales Company (the NOS parts guys in Cincinnati); they get about $25/ea. I'm going to buy one more from them to complete my set. The P/N is E9WY-1130-C. The last time I checked their web site, they had 10 in their inventory. Hope this help...

JD

Ken Seegers said:
Thanks. I hoping someone had a set available. I am still looking thou.

Thanks
Ken

In my experience, any used ones you buy are going to have the clear coat discolored or peeling. I bought my 3 NOS caps off eBay for about $25/set (bargain). I'm traveling on business in Cincinnati right now, and stopped by Green to pick up one more NOS cap. They charged me $22 for one, and have several more. It was more than I paid for my eBay set, but still a good price. I think $88 for a set of 4 is a bargain, considering what they'll do for the looks of the wheels. You might have some luck painting a used set, but matching the color might be difficult. The NOS parts are spot-on, color wise. Good luck...

JD

I know this is a pretty old thread, but thought it might be useful to someone doing a search to know that the seven spoke rim was brought back in 1997. I bought a set from a Mercury dealer about three years ago. He was suprised that he had them on the shelf and gave me all four for around $80 I think. I don't know what the list price was.

Kurt

Back