Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need help on m112 blower

need help on m112 blower

hi im new here and from australia so dont throw rocks at me.and i own a gm v6 but have put a ford m112 blower on it as well as a turbo the prob im having is that i dont no the pully ratio and as it stands now carnt get any more than 5 pound boost from blower any ideas would be much appreciated.
    thanks wayne
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Step one would be to measure the diameter or circumference of your drive pulley and compare it to your driven pulley (blower pulley). A good place to start would be about a 2.0:1 drive ratio.

How do you have the turbo connected? It looks to me like they are running parallel, or am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Thats a very interresting setup. got any more pictures
    and information. Looks nice.

Thanks Randy

Do I see a turbocharger on the passenger side of the engine compartment as well? (Right side of the photo)

The car is a Holden Monaro?

cheers
    Ed N.

The turbo is on the driver side of the engine compartment, although you can barely see it.

I don't understand how that setup would work efficiently anyway. Looks like you have the turbo blowing through the blower?
    1994 SC
    4.5L Twin Turbo SVO
    Project GTFD

Quote Originally Posted by CMac89
    The turbo is on the driver side of the engine compartment, although you can barely see it.
    No, that's the passenger side, it's an Australian car ... RHD. That's why I said right side of the photo ...

cheers
    Ed N.

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed
    No, that's the passenger side, it's an Australian car ... RHD. That's why I said right side of the photo ...

cheers
    Ed N.
    *sigh* Okay Mr. SmartPants

You can clearly see the turbo in the first pic anyway.
    1994 SC
    4.5L Twin Turbo SVO
    Project GTFD

You got my vote!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hinterland
    hi im new here and from australia so dont throw rocks at me.and i own a gm v6 but have put a ford m112 blower on it as well as a turbo the prob im having is that i dont no the pully ratio and as it stands now carnt get any more than 5 pound boost from blower any ideas would be much appreciated.
    thanks wayne
    The best of both worlds!!!!!!!
    Nice setup man!!!
    Tom Downs-member#2752
    MPX'd 90 SC Auto~bought Feb. 2012
    RIP MOM!!! I will always miss and think about you 4Ever! 1940-2018
    RIP Rexy boy!!!! Miss my dog 2006-2018
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=424

here is the pic of turbo its a t4t70

That heat shield above the turbo looks suspiciously like a 1970's era Ford hood scoop.

Duh! I see what it is now.
    Last edited by 90blkbrd; 01-25-2006 at 09:16 PM.

Talking

doesnt a turbo do the same as a s/c i mean i dont tknow why you would have a s/c and a turbocharger they both do the same i though......help me here!!!
    [B][COLOR="Blue"][COLOR="Red"]June 6, 2009....D-Day[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]1989 SC AUTO- Midnight Blue:D[/COLOR][/B]
    "They act like they are bed buds that have known me forever" -Corey B-

doesnt a turbo do the same as a s/c i mean i dont tknow why you would have a s/c and a turbocharger they both do the same i though......help me here!!!
    He's going with a SuperTurbo setup. Supercharger for the low end and the Turbo for the high end.

Interesting setup...looks like the turbo is going into the supercharger. Do you have some kind of bypass setup? Explain buddy...I want to know.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Young-SC-Owner
    hi the blower gives me grunt till turbo boosts up and takes over im trying to get blower to run 8 lb and the turbo 18 lb

There is an excel spreadsheet in the post linked below that you might be able to use the formula's from to do the math.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...t=pulley+excel

It's currently setup for a Tbird SC.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    He's going with a SuperTurbo setup. Supercharger for the low end and the Turbo for the high end.

Interesting setup...looks like the turbo is going into the supercharger. Do you have some kind of bypass setup? Explain buddy...I want to know.

Stephen
    hi
    the turbo is going through intercooler then blower i have made a air bypass before the t/body so that on vac the blower is getting its own air without trying to suck it through the turbo. on the turbo i have hooked presure line to close the bypass valve i have set it for around 8lb so the turbo is spooled up and starts to add boost to blower.the bypass is a t/body with a orig m112 bypass acuator opening it and closing it as pic.even with the belt of blower the turbo and air spin the blower up enough to make 1 to 2lb boost at 1800 rpm and turbo starts to spool up at 3000rpm so everything is working out fine all i have to do is sort the tunning side out which is another story.