Shifter rebuild kit?

washers and springs

Just had the same problem, it took two washers part #7Z120 and two springs part # 7228. Diagram only shows one of each, but the tranny tech told me it takes two. You may also need to replace the top plate that has the boot built in to it. The washers and springs are in the neighborhood af $22 from the dealership. To get the spring and washer in the lower housing you can use a punch and hammer to gentle tap the pins out. Good luck on this 1 1/2 hour job. Biggin':D

Wouldn't the B&M shifter be a little better deal if you have the extra dollars?

Just curious as I was thinking of this as a useful mod, but if not, maybe the rebuild of the existing would be just as useful. Or does the B&M components not replace everything that should be replaced.

Ideas?

45058.jpg

Thank you to all! I have thought about buying the B&M shifter but instead of spending $300 on that I would rather just spend the $50 and rebuild the stock shifter. I just bought the car and I would like to open the exhaust up, and add a few other mods. The shifter upgrade is not on top of the list.....I'd like to correct some of the looseness in the shifter though. Thanks again!

Back