Wiseco Forged Pistons

I would like to buy a set of pistons.But I just seen this group buy post.

I have not had the time to set down and figuar up what I need.
And if your going to make a post and make an order in less than
a few hours.Well good luck getting buyers.

I have 6.2 rod length.
I want to use Total Seal rings.
I do not want a piston that sets above the block deck.

I know it's last minute, but I can also get more later so it's not the end of the world either way.

As I understand it you have 6.2 SCAT rods with a .927" pin. Stock deck is 9.232 +/- .005 and most likely crooked. Usually I deck the block down to the arbitrary figure of 9.220 and order my pistons off that. However, you can specify any block height you want. If you go with the stock stack height it comes out to 9.215 as most SC's ride down the hole .010-.020".

You have to decide what final deck height you are doing to sit at to order a piston. That is why I go with 9.220 because I know that for any given block I can get a properly square finish at that height.

If you have that info or want to go the same as what I do, I can add your order no problem.

Randy,

Here is my post where I outlined all of my parameters that I used when ordering my pistons with the SCAT 6.2" rods in mind:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=445393&postcount=59

If you check Dave's previous group by thread a lot of your questions might be answered there.. I know I bugged him with questions.

Re the total seal rings. I would call total seal and talk to them about your goals and get their recommendations. When I called after I already had my pistons, the person I talked to felt I would have done better to call before hand. They would have suggested a Stainless Steel top ring but all they have is a 1.2mm size. So my 1.5mm sizes left me with their second best option (which is pretty good anyway) of Ductile Iron with Moly facing. Something to consider when making your piston order.

These are what mine look like before I had them coated. Note these were made for the 6.2" long rods so the pin placement is a tad high compared to a standard 351 rod. Dave can maybe comment on any changes being made for this second batch, if any.

pistonside.jpg

underside.jpg

Back