BTM main stud girdle to be available again.....

BT Motorsports

I have finally sourced material at a reasonable price (based upon current market value) and received the information needed to update the clearance for those interested in using it in a stroker application. Pricing will be released this Friday 2/3/06. If you are interested in purchasing a girdle, they will become available based upon a group purchase with a minimum quantity of 5 orders needed to get the run going. Please reply to this thread if you would like to become part of this group purchase contingent on cost.

Paul

I am also interested. But, would like to know more details. Is it plug and play or is there modifications that need to be made?

Mike8675309 said:
I'm interested... Does this work with the stock pan, or is the late model Mustang pan required?
Mike, it works with the stock SC pan. (BTW, I haven't forgotten about those HG pics from the other thread, I need to find a few minutes to resize them).

For a stock stroke SC engine, no modifications are needed (see information page: http://www.bluetonguemotorsports.com/BTMParts/SCMainStudGirdle.htm )
Ricks SC said:
I am also interested. But, would like to know more details. Is it plug and play or is there modifications that need to be made?
These new units are being clearanced to work with stroker motors, however, they will be sold with the possibility for additional fitment work required. On a 4.2L stroker engine using a late style Mustang block (I am told the main caps are like ours on the later engines), minimal clearancing was required. Fitment is described as clearancing of the girdle to allow proper clearance between it and the rod throughout the stroke.

Paul

I'm definately in. My machine shop guys are begining to hate me:( I keep chaning my mind, oh well. just realized the bright side of the SC being down for soo long, no more points on the license:D

Rick Mink said:
I'm definately in. My machine shop guys are begining to hate me:( I keep chaning my mind, oh well. just realized the bright side of the SC being down for soo long, no more points on the license:D

LOL YEP SAME HERE. THE SHOP IS WAITING ON THE CAM FROM DAVE BEFORE THEY ASSEMBLE THE SHORTBLOCK. HMM THEY MAY BE TOLD THEY NEED TO WAIT A BIT LONGER NOW::D

Pricing released

ProductionSCGirdle%20005.jpg

Group purchase pricing:
5-9 orders $431.99ea. + shipping
10 or more $ 399.99ea. + shipping
Main studs already cut to length to clear the stock oil pan are an option @ $119.99ea.
If production begins again as a result of this buy, retail price wil be $460ea. + shipping
For those considering purchasing this product, when evaluating the increase in price over the last production run from Jan '04, please understand our material costs have increased by over 300%.

For those not familiar with this product, two key advantages of its design over the competition are:
  • single billet construction, no welds or seams
  • no additional machining to the engine is needed for the installation of this product
For additional information, please visit the following link:
http://www.bluetonguemotorsports.com/BTMParts/SCMainStudGirdle.htm

Paul

Paul, are you serious?! So, a stud girdle plus the studs sets me back over $500 USD?!

I don't need one that bad. ...Thanks.

Sean

SeanMatteson said:
Paul, are you serious?! So, a stud girdle plus the studs sets me back over $500 USD?!

I don't need one that bad. ...Thanks.

Sean
I don't recall soliciting you to purchase one:confused: Regardless, I just looked at Coy Miller's website and his welded together girdle and matching studs total $489 (not a whole lot cheaper and still under his $500 minimum order) before shipping assuming the prices are current. I know for fact there is a decent amount of clearancing required to run a stroker crank with this unit. I have also been told that there is some machining of the caps required for installation.
I can't compare Morana's girdle as it is not in the same class. It requires additional fitment and significant machining (additional cost) for installation which severely weakens the main caps. Ask white95v6 just how much hacking he had to do to his girdle for it to clear his stroker.

Those are the only two retail options I am aware of.
That is pretty steep.

Rick
As I stated earlier, I have only raised the price by the amount the material cost has increased. I have not added any additional costs for things like increases in electricity, tooling and other disposable materials, rent machinists pay etc.
Sure you can go buy a girdle for a V8 stang for $250-$350, however, they are mass produced and do not have near the design or machine time involved to produce. Considering I have sold 10 and may or may not sell any more, I never will recoupe my time of designing this piece forget about making a profit. The reason these went into production is because I was making 2 for myself and a few people were insistant that I make them one also. So with that said, if you are interested, the cost and availability has been stated. If the cost is to high, perhaps you want to buy one from Morana or go the route Brian Bitner went: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68308&highlight=girdle
I am not going to defend or debate the product or its cost any further. This post was created to address the several requests I have received for this product. If any constructive questions come about, I will be happy to answer them.

Paul

BT Motorsports said:
I don't recall soliciting you to purchase one:confused:

Actually, Paul, by posting under 'Group Purchases / Specials' you are soliciting all of us to buy one. That's what this forum is for.

No offense, but I just don't see the benefits of the main stud girdle for folks not planning on making more than 500 RWHP, and that is such a small portion of our membership. For now, I'm not among them.

Regardless, this looks like a quality piece, and I applaud you for producing them. I'm sure the customers who actually buy them will be very happy.

Regards,

Sean

BT Motorsports said:
I know for fact there is a decent amount of clearancing required to run a stroker crank with this unit. I have also been told that there is some machining of the caps required for installation.

Paul

Although I can't comment on clearancing required to run a stroker, I would suspect it's true. I can, however, definitely say that absolutely NO machining of the caps are required for installation of the CMRE stud girdle. I did have to grind down the front ARP studs and nuts a little for clearance.

well i can tell you this much. if i had know ho bad the Morana one was gonna fit i would not have ordered it. but once i had it and did all the work to make it fit i had to keep it. too much dang money sunk into it. i had to cut the main caps,Make spacers and then cut the heck out of the girdle to make it clear the Crank and rods. and this was all after Morana told me all i had to do was mill the Main Caps alittle. man what a Joke. for the Extra what $150 i would have bought Pauls if it would have been avalable 2.5 yrs ago.

for those ppl looking to make 450+rwhp i would strongly suggest a good main girdle. i am makeing 587rwhp at the moment. and soo far all seems to be holding together. but i can tell you that i would feel alttile better knowing that i didn't have the hack the girdle like i did.

also Me and Paul have been talking about builting a even better girdle then the one he currently has for sale. and thats the one thats gonna cost the Real money. but it will be well worth it for those looking to set Records.

I have one of Pauls girdles and its a top notch piece. I would think making a windage tray to adapt to the girdle would be cake. Rather then a scraper I would just coat my crank

Last edited:
Back