exhaust sound

whats your fav exhaust note for the 3.8 SC

• Total voters

Smokin-ponies

What is your favorite exhaust note (company,parts) on the 3.8 SC. Im also lookin for any sound clips if you got em. Thanks!

Dan

Borla all the way

Ive got a borla, resonator with no mufflers. Best deep low throaty sound ive heard from an SC

I sent you a couple. Hope they go thru. I think each is about a 10 sec video.
Tell me what you think.
It's 2.25 true dual thru a magnaflow resonator and then out Borla XS Turbo mufflers.

adpsmp said:
It's 2.25 true dual thru a magnaflow resonator and then out Borla XS Turbo mufflers.

That's the same set up I'm running but with 2.5" exhaust. I've heard it's hard to make a V6 sound good but I've gotten plenty of compliments on the sound of mine.

Two 20 some inch Summit Glasspacks and Hooker Aerochamber mufflers.:)

Have a leak somewhere I can't find, but other than that it doesn't have any rice sounds or gargling.

pro xs are hard to find

My setup is 2.25 off the manifold into the 2.25 in/out magnaflow cats. 3Inch around the gas tank into the flowmaster force kit which is dual 2.25in

Sounds good for a 6 i guess but im not happy with it

all i run is punched cats into a borla resonator to 2.5s out the back. No mufflers. Sounds mean as hell

Im tellin you, just run a borla resonator to no mufflers, with 2.5 inch tubing. It sounds mean as hell. A little gargly, but its still vicious!

new sc owner!!

xThunderbirdSCx said:
all i run is punched cats into a borla resonator to 2.5s out the back. No mufflers. Sounds mean as hell

im new to the sc world...and i recently got a 92 all black sc...just got a cold air intake a boost gauge and air/fuel gauge.....but i really wana get a borla exhaust system...any one know where i could find something thats not $$800... thanx
Jimmy

wouldnt no mufflers

bring the boost down to like5psi max?

i have a set of HF cats into a y pipe, into two dynomax mufflers. no farty sounds, but i would like to try another setup like with borla mufflers. and maybe no cats. and a borla res.

I have had Flowmasters (40series dual chamber), Magnaflows(Strait thru-Design & DynoMax Turbos(Dual Chamber).

The Dynomax wins hands down. None of the others are even close IMO...

Brad

Back