exhaust sound

whats your fav exhaust note for the 3.8 SC

• Total voters
thought you sold that car?

The car won't let me go lol..... I sold it to a friend till I got throw my divorce then I bought it back from him for a buck . So she only got 50 cents lol . But anyways I'm putting my twin turbo on it and should be running soon ...

The car won't let me go lol..... I sold it to a friend till I got throw my divorce then I bought it back from him for a buck . So she only got 50 cents lol . But anyways I'm putting my twin turbo on it and should be running soon ...

I like your moves

M.Borlaflow ? :p

i have shorty mustang headers
2.5" downpipes no catz
to a magnaflow resonator
3.5" single out to a Y back to dual 2.5s

didnt have mufflers... bad idea way too loud

heres a clip at idle without the Y pipe and no mufflers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHgS5ckfN2c

now i got a set of Borla Pro Xs mufflers seem to be the touring type quietest ones i think perfect for the sleeper mode :p? by what i read here i cant wait to put them on

Last edited:
Ill add my 2 cents to this thread... i think that I would do something quieter than the cherry bomb vortex next time. it has a little drone inside the cabin, but hey, its a hot rod.

2.5" high flow magnaflow cats
dual 2.5" in magnaflow res single 3" out (early style gas tank)
dual 3" out the back with cherry bomb vortex mufflers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F35rAwOzQcA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ1vMgrqRj8

Just for the record, I love the way that sounds!... I have yet to find a youtube video of an exhaust for the SC that I like. Do you think it would still sound the same without the kooks headers? Also when you refer to "early style gas tank" you are referring to the stock one on an 89, correct? Are you running the stock cam?

When I bought the car a few weeks ago, Dave told me it had highflow cats, magnaflow resonator and the stock mufflers, because his dynomax or whatever he had on was too loud for his taste...well, I couldnt hear anything with the stock mufflers on, so i hacked them off with a sawzall a the y out. Might have been a mistake...now it is quite loud and droning...but no big deal, think i might try to put a piece on to direct the sound down, see if that fixes it, if not i will direct it out back, followed by a single muffler if the straight pipe idea doesnt work.

Just for the record, I love the way that sounds!... I have yet to find a youtube video of an exhaust for the SC that I like. Do you think it would still sound the same without the kooks headers? Also when you refer to "early style gas tank" you are referring to the stock one on an 89, correct? Are you running the stock cam?

Yes its a stock 89 gas tank. Its an aftermarket cam which gives it the little bit of chop. I think the headers add to the sound, but I'm not sure how much.

If someone is using dynomax vt's would you post a sound or video clip. I need to change my exhaust. Im currently using knock off flowmasters,no cats or resonator,mustang headers. It's just to loud for me anymore. I have a magnaflow resonator i bought off the forum probably 2 years ago im going to use but don't know if i want borlas or dynomax vts. Thanks

Back