#14 and #17 Wires

SCPilot

Hey guys where are these wires and I know low fan just open #14 and to have a high Fan #17 must be grounded. Just need to know where these two are! Thanks

they are located behind the right headlight on the ircm. the little black box there. just read the wire numbers off the box.

:)

Umm yes you do.

If you want low speed to run, cut 14 wire
If you want high speed to run, ground the 17

Simply cutting the 17 wire just fucks you, because then you will never have a high speed fan

Don't forget

Remember it is still possible for the high speed winding to engage when you have low switched, and vice versa. If the computer tries to switch on one coil when the other is engaged, they will oppose each other's force and cause the motor to overheat. This has resulted in damage to the motor, connections, and even the fuse box in the experience of other ppl.

I don't have a electic fan, but i've played with electric motors before and agree with what digitalchaos..

if your gonna be doing this kinda thing.. I would seriously surgest switching relays (ones with 87 and 87A on them) and wire it in so that if your manual over riding one speed, the other is automatic shut off and can't be used... it's not that hard to do, and it will save your ass in the long run...

Peace,
Kevin

Back