anyone have a 93-up front spindle they can lend me?

fast Ed

Guys, I'm trying to mock something up for putting the Cobra PBR calipers over the 11.6" Mark VIII / Sport pkg. Bird rotors. This would be ideal for people looking for a brake upgrade, that don't want to change bolt pattern or wheel size.

So I need a 93-up spindle, doesn't matter which side, so that we can take some measurements and test fit the combo. If it has a hub & bearing on it, even better. We would only need this for a few weeks hopefully.

If anyone has something that I can borrow, let me know where I can pick it up, or please bring it along to the meet this week if you're coming.

THANKS !!!

Ed N.

Ed,
Is the off set of the rotor any diffent then the Vic ones that I'm working on doing the set up of. In case any one is woundering about that set up useing a 12" rotor I have it being able to fit on a stock 89 to 92 rim. As soon as I have some set screws to fill the old holes in I will drill them out and can post pics. Not trying to take away from your Idea Ed As for the drilling I can make up a drill jig that well let use drill holes evertime right on the spot.
One thing to ask what the price diffence in rotors I hear the vic ones hold up well.

Jason, the 11.6" Sport rotors have a bit deeper hat offset than the Cobra rotors. So they would be different than the CV rotors as well.

I'd still like to see a 12" combo put together too. Obviously that would be the ultimate budget combo to go behind a 16" wheel.

But the potential for putting together an 11.6" combo would be nice, especially for the people who already have that size rotor, and don't want to change them, or be bothered with redrilling something else. Maybe not so much here, but quite a few TCCoA people have expressed interest, especially Sport package owners. Also, the other consideration is that if you were to have an issue with a redrilled CV rotor, you couldn't just get a replacement from the parts store, and bolt it on. The 11.6" rotors are inexpensive now to purchase through Ford's Motorcraft parts line, I was checking on that. About $77 each at wholesale pricing.

EDIT: add price info

cheers
Ed N.

Last edited:
Ed if you get this worked out I would be very interested...... thats of course if I could ever find a set of spindles to upgrade to :cool:

Frit

Ed,
I for got to say I have a new set of mark8 rotors here for may Dad's car so I can compar them to the vic ones and see how they fit up with the cobra calapers. I will post some pics

Jason, I do have new or old for all of the different rotors to compare here too, so that's not a problem.

If I can get a spindle to test fit with, then we can get some exact measurements to try put this combo together.

Dean, if I can't find anything closer, I may pop down to London to grab one of those from you on a weekend ... thanks for the offer.

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,
I got a whole '93 SC you can borrow ifin you do both sides and leave them on when you're done. I'll need the car 2nd week of April, maybe sooner with this weather. Deal or what? :eek:)

Bruce

Last edited:
Bruce, I don't have a vise and workbench big enough for your whole car. :p

I would be looking for someone to try this setup on their car for testing, if we are able to do it. But Matt Leskiw (coolhand) has first dibs on that. He has been asking me about an upgrade with stock bolt pattern for his car since last fall.

cheers
Ed N.

Back