Do 79-04 Mustang seats fit?

Terrible Juan

A Mustang buddy of mine was checking out my stock t-bird seats and raised the question of whether a set of Mustang seats would fit or not. I looked close and it seems like the pattern is pretty damn close. Anybody know? I'd love to get rid of these boat anchor seats. :)

i dont think its a bolt in deal, but i will tell you what i did in my fox mustang.
had tore up stock gt seats in the stang. just nasty. so i went to the junkyard and picked up 2 02 explorer seats (schweet seats). what i discovered was that the seat tracks were very different BUT i unbolted the manual tracks from my mustangs seats and VIOLA they bolted right to the bottom of the explorer seats. looked good, sat right, and i sold my GT for 500 more because of those nice leather seats. im not saying all ford seats use that bolt pattern, im just saying if an explorer seat will fit a fox mustang, anything is possible:D by the way the bolts that hold the tracks to the seats are 10mm.

Interesting...

I'd still like to know specifically if they would bolt up without any mods. That would open up a new window for me, hehe.

Terrible Juan said:
Interesting...

I'd still like to know specifically if they would bolt up without any mods. That would open up a new window for me, hehe.

im gonna guess that the floorpans are different with the 2 cars. the front of the mustang seat bolts directly down to the subframe rail under the carpet. the thunderbird front seat bolts go in at an angle into the front of the piece of metal there. in the back they look alike, but the bolts may be different size and spaced apart differently. maybe you can use your tbird seat tracks for your mustang seats. even if the bolts dont line up perfectly, you could drill and use nuts/bolts to do the job. ive seen some pretty aweful seat hackjobs in old resto rod trucks and such where the seat sits all crooked and ~~~~ though so be cautious.

the best way would be to sit the mustang seat on the ground next to the t bird seat and measure where the holes are. im 99 percent sure the brackets are different in the front. the mustangs are bad about ripping the front left seat bolt right out of the subframe, taking the captive nut/ little chunk of subframe with it. happened to mine, must be all that accelerating:D :D

Back