My Turbo Build up - WITH DYNO VIDEO!!!

Thanks, its been almost 3 years since it all started and i finally have it where i want it, minus the slightly:eek: small turbo, if only i knew where you lived and could just lift yours!!

btw how is it running

nwnsc: yea thats what i will plan on doing i still need to find a stickier tire for the stock rims when i go to the track, the 18's i ahve on here now (kuhmo) just light up as soon as i floor it.

Fixed the crack in the upper intake manifold...had dave retune the car and it runs better than ever. Now I need to get to the track soon.

What kind of tires do you have for the track?

nothing right now, i was starting to do a little research. id like mt et streets but they are pricey, looking for something to fit my stock 16 inch sc wheel

nothing right now, i was starting to do a little research. id like mt et streets but they are pricey, looking for something to fit my stock 16 inch sc wheel

I don't think you would regret investing in the ET Street tires. Are you looking to do some NHRA Street night events where you need a DOT tire? Otherwise, with your power level, you may want to go with a slick rather than street tire.

If you want to go win some street races, well then you'll want the street tire.

These would be strickly track tires. My racing will mainly consist of test and tune stuff of going to the shootout, or iowa's club clash meets. I want to drive this car more than work on it:) so getting a few runs in a year is basically what id be looking at. what would you recommend, the et streets or something else?

These would be strickly track tires. My racing will mainly consist of test and tune stuff of going to the shootout, or iowa's club clash meets. I want to drive this car more than work on it:) so getting a few runs in a year is basically what id be looking at. what would you recommend, the et streets or something else?

For a 5 speed car running a Spec clutch, or any clutch, I say a tall M/T ET Street bias ply tire running at the lowest air pressure you feel comfortable running at the down side of the track. This will give you a very nice wrinkle wall which helps absorb the shock of the launch, putting down the power nice and progressive.

They last really well, and will be the stickiest tire are the slipperiest tire. I have a pair of ET Street bias I purchased when they were 1/2 used. I still got 3 years of use out of them, with about 30 runs per year.

Thanks for the info. i will try and find a pair either used or bite the bullet and get new ones. I should have plenty of time....it sort of snowed today...:(

also mike, do you plan on attending any more iowa club clashes??? id like to try and get to the one this spring. I still haven't met you, and you are about 15 minutes from my house.

Last edited:
Fixed the crack in the upper intake manifold...had dave retune the car and it runs better than ever. Now I need to get to the track soon.

What kind of tires do you have for the track?

Ryan,

Glad to hear you got it fixed...the Shootout didn't go well for any of the turbo SCs this year :(

Next year is going to be a differnt story :cool:

David

yea, it did allright realizing now after i had bought it that it was alot smaller than what i should have. i think the split port heads and intake help alot with the airflow.

oh also, i got all the video of the dyno finally to a dvd so i can upload it to the computer...i was having issues with so i just made it into a dvd.

i will try and edit tonight and put it on youtube tonight. gotta get my ears lowered first right after work.

Yes, and the bolt pattern is the same, too. Though, the split-port ports are smaller and more circular than the single-ports.
-Thomas

Nothing yet, transmission fell apart on me about a month ago and I'm getting married here next week, so the car is put on hold for now.

should have a used trans to put in some weekend and then rebuild the broken one and have it as spare.

Back