90 SC For Sale (Needs Engine)

DrumNBssNUrFace

Hello everyone. Just to make one thing known before you read anymore, I don’t know that much about these cars! But here’s the info on the car

Make - Ford
Model - Thunderbird Supercoupe
Color Interior/Exterior - Black cloth interior/Red exterior
Year - 1990
Transmission - Auto
Miles -69,472

Your location - Stafford, Virginia (40 miles south of DC off Interstate 95)
Price - Negotiable (Any reasonable offers wont be turned down.)

Here’s some background on the car. My grandfather bought it brand new in September of 89. He took great care of it, he wrote every single thing down that he did to it. Oil was changed every 3,000 or 3 months. He probably drove it 3,000 - 5,000 miles a year, if that. The exterior is in great shape, the paint is still nice and shiny. There is a scrape on the passenger side front bumper from a parking lot incident, someone just hit it and left. There is also just a little bit of surface rust forming in front of the rear wheels (its from Pennsylvania). The interior is in almost perfect shape, the seam on the drivers side is starting to separate a little bit...but its common. There is also one slight burn mark on the back seat. I only had the car about a month and drove it 3,000 miles then it broke down on me one day. The shop says the engine threw a rod and there’s a tapping noise coming from the lower end. I don’t understand why this happened, considering how well it was kept...but stuff happens.

Recent work done to it before this happened: replaced head gaskets and thermostat, replaced front pads and rotors. New belts and hoses within the last 1-2 years. It also has the underdrive pulley installed on it. It'll need new tires soon, but the ones on there have a little bit of life left in them. I’m including two pictures, I don’t have any more at the moment but if wanted I can get more. I also just purchased a full bra for it that will go with the car.

-Chris

f3c21e71.jpg

85541eaf.jpg

Last edited:
Could this be #9?
Ed, You are becoming an SC whore dog:D

Sorry for the hijack ... Nice looking car though. If I was as crazy as Ed, I'd be intersted. But two is enough for now.

I went and took some more pictures today. The camera makes the car look orange, but trust me...its red. I tried to take some general pictures, and also some of the things I noticed wrong with it. I also remembered that the battery was just put in about a month ago and the A/C was converted to 134 in 2004.

59a059db.jpg

1e7ff29a.jpg

da9faee2.jpg

e3225bf7.jpg

443e345f.jpg

324747c6.jpg

5305e9fd.jpg

cea225d3.jpg

d00ee8fb.jpg

66e8c1a8.jpg

ffcd7cbd.jpg

df9eb88f.jpg

2da59eb2.jpg

442a324f.jpg

2ba0e261.jpg

7424afa1.jpg

f5ae3849.jpg

7243bd42.jpg

a7c264e2.jpg

24c4f8d8.jpg

The car is no longer for sale...for real this time!

I hope you enjoy the car Ed. It sucks it had to rain...not long after you left it stopped!

I hope traffic wasnt too bad going home, it looked like a parking lot when I drove over the bridge over 95... :eek:

Back