"Sport" rotors, calipers, pads

traveler

As stated, I've got a set of Calipers & Rotors from a 97 Thunderbird Sport. I'm told this is the same set up that was used on the Mark VIII's. They are in very good condition, and were recently painted Red using High temp engine paint. I replaced them with Mustang PBR calipers. I'd sell the entire set (rotors and calipers) for 75.00, or make a reasonable offer.

I can get pics up if you'd like to see them.

Michael B.

Pics of calipers:

SportCal1.jpg

SportCal2.jpg

SportCal3.jpg

Obviously I left the bleeder screws and the banjo bolts in when I painted them. They are cheap and they keep paint out of the holes! I'll put new bleeder screws in, and also new banjo bolts prior to shipping.

traveler said:
As stated, I've got a set of Calipers & Rotors from a 97 Thunderbird Sport. I'm told this is the same set up that was used on the Mark VIII's. They are in very good condition, and were recently painted Red using High temp engine paint. I replaced them with Mustang PBR calipers. I'd sell the entire set (rotors and calipers) for 75.00, or make a reasonable offer.

I can get pics up if you'd like to see them.

Michael B.

Will they fit an '89 SC? If so I'll buy them from you.
Gerry

I'm not sure if they'll fit an 89 or not. I know the spindles were changed in 92-93, so you may have to install the newer style spindles also. You may want to ask around on here and TCCoA.com to find out for sure. I'm sure there are others on these sites that know more than I do.

I do know that you'll need the correct mounting brackets for them. I have one, but the sliding bolts froze up on the other. Let me know what you can find out.

thanks
Michael B.

Edit: I'm probably blowing a sale, but here's some information that you might find useful. It seems the spindle was changed in 93. From what I've read, its just a good idea to go with the newer style spindle anyway.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=79294

Last edited:
rotors and calipers

Thanks for the info. Spindle change would rule it out. I'm slowly learning the restoration game.
Thanks again
Gerry

Rotors and calipers

rzimmerl said:
do you have the brackets that go with them?

The brackets that are on the car now. Don't know what shape they're in. Do I need new ones? I'm trying to get in shape to pass the NYS safety inspection requirement to legally drive it on the road.
Gerry

rzimmerl said:
do you have the brackets that go with them?

If you're referring to the Sport Caliper brackets, I've got one. The other had a frozen sliding "floating" bolt. I'll check tonight and find out which one I've still got. The other you'd have to get at a salvage yard, or the dealership.

The right hand bracket is what I've got. Its for the sport calipers from the 97 Bird. If you want everything I'll throw it in for the price originally listed, plus shipping.

Thats:

Sport Calipers R&L
Rotors R&L
Pads (In good shape)
RH Bracket.

75.00 Plus shipping. I think thats cheap, but I haven't been able to move these things.

Let me know,

Michael B.

traveler said:
The right hand bracket is what I've got. Its for the sport calipers from the 97 Bird. If you want everything I'll throw it in for the price originally listed, plus shipping.

Thats:

Sport Calipers R&L
Rotors R&L
Pads (In good shape)
RH Bracket.

75.00 Plus shipping. I think thats cheap, but I haven't been able to move these things.

Let me know,

Michael B.

I've decided to go with the stock brakes. Thanks for the interest.
Gerry

Back