Hook Me Up

Car2n

I need a little help guys. Could ya all look at the following pictures and the list below and tell me which vac ports mate up with which vac ports and the same thing with cooling lines. Let me know which places would not be used and should be capped/blocked off. Vac ports are shown alphibetically and cooling lines are shown numerically on the pics.
As far as I know, there is 2 places for cooling lines to go through the firewall (in & out) and 2 places for A/C lines to go through the firewall. (I won't be using the A/C)

A VAC PORT AT EGR VALVE
B VAC PORT AT EGR TUBE
C VAC PORT
D VAC PORT
E VAC PORT
F VAC PORT (NEEDS A SINGLE FITTING THAT GOES TO RETURN PLENUM?)
G VAC PORT AT BY-PASS VALVE
H VAC PORT (SMALL) ON FRONT SIDE OF INLET PLENUM

1 HOSE FITTING AT HARD LINE DRIVERS SIDE
2 HOSE FITTING AT HARD LINE PASSENGER SIDE
3 HOSE COMES FROM FITTING ON MANIFOLD AT SENSOR FITTING (TO FIREWALL?)
4 HOSE/HARDLINE RUNNING ALONG BACKSIDE OF ENGINE
5 HOSE/HARDLINE RUNNING ALONG BACKSIDE OF ENGINE
6 PVC VALVE PASSENGER SIDE VALVE COVER

hu1.jpg

hu2.jpg

hu3.jpg

hu4.jpg

I really like the green and black paint, well done.

Take #1 & #2 cooling ports and hook them together this is where it came apart to hook into the throttle body, looks as though you've got an aftermarket one so you will need to hook them together.
#3 goes to the heater core at firewall.
#4 & #5 is the tube that was used for bringing over #1 to throttle body, use this hose with a barrel connector and another hose to hook #1 and #2 cooling outlets together.
#6 This should hook up to the back of the inlet plenum on one of those brass fittings but also on the original design there was a piece that worked for this that connected the PCV valve to the back of the inlet plenum but also had another vacuum line in the engine bay that connected to it.

A) The Vacuum line for the top of EGR is in the engine bay
B) This should hook up to the bottom of the PFE sensor that works with the EGR. This was a grey or black box that sat on the inlet plenum.
C) Not Sure
D) Not Sure
E) Not Sure
F) This is going to connect to a tube in the engine bay and somewhere else, I'm not sure off the top of my head
G) This vacuum line will be coming out of right side of the engine bay
H) Not Sure

This is all said with thinking that you are putting in back in an SC, but if your not than you will want to ask some other people what you can block off or where the vac lines need to go.

Hope that helps, I'm no pro but I've taken the engine apart a few times :) What type of car is that in the picture, the one with the white bumper?

BTW You painted the spot the DIS sits, remember that these need to displace their heat, that’s why we use the thermal compound, I'm wondering what kind of effect the paint will have on your DIS.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help.
I'll be putting the engine in a Mustang and the DIS will not be used.
The white car is a Buick Century.
Magnum Powers supplied a plug for (H) with the plenum. (and a hose nipple).
Magnum Powers supplied straight hose nipples for each of the ports on the backside of the plenum and I threw 90's on them instead so that I didn't have hoses trying to wrap around to go straight in.

Paul,
I will try and help you out with the rest when I get home I just dont have the time at school right now. to get them right.

SC guys my not know this answer but maybe Sprout will chime in.
Pic is Jamies engine bay (Mustang)
Is there a vacume port for the heater core? It's hard to tell in the picture.
sproutbay.jpg

the bottom hole is a drain for the cowl so it dosen't stay full of water and back up into the cab.i had that problem on my 90XR7 till i blew it out.

Paul I'm going to try my best right now for ones I dont know I will look tomorrow and take pics on my car.
1 and 2 just cap them off thats what I have dont the hose behind the motor can start to leak.
3 will mate to my 7
4 and 5 you dont need any more
my 8 and 9 togeather.
C you can plug I think it's an extra
D is for the pcv you need a T so that you can run a small hose to the carbon canaster.
the rest to come.

Attachments

• hu2 copy.jpg
    hu2 copy.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 66
  • sproutbay copy.jpg
    sproutbay copy.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 51
Hi Paul, I think that vaccum line by the heater core is the for the HVAC system to help open/close the vent flappers etc.

Turbo351 said:
Hi Paul, I think that vaccum line by the heater core is the for the HVAC system to help open/close the vent flappers etc.
That's what I thought too. I'll just keep an eye on it when I pull the old engine out.

Car2n strike what i said after looking at mine again yours is different then mine is sorry for the bad info.

Back