Breaking News!!!!!!!

19TbirdSC91

Shane's (quick35th) 35th Anny is Trapped in a Garage, OR Stolen

This just in, we went and were going to move the 35th from its garage today, and there is something hideously wrong with the lock, its all bent up and the key, well ANY key for that matter will go into the lock. we were just there yesterday and everything was fine.

so it is unkown as to if the 35th is just trapped, or flying around the freeway at 140 MPH as we speak, will not know until monday at some point, if anyone has any information, call 614-565-HELP(4357) --PLEASE DONT ACTUALLY CALL...I DONT KNOW IF IT'S AN ACTUAL PHONE NUMBER!!!! lol

stay tuned for more information on this breaking news.

He faked the robbery-
Insurance fraud so he can get money for the stang :D

wasnt he just over on that james bond thread saying how he wanted to have cloaking technology in stalled. Maybe when you open the garage it will look like a vanquish??

Rick

Hey guys sorry for not posting on this thread sooner, I have had a computer glitch and whenever I would try to view this thread the window would close all by itself. This past week has been crazy for me, it all started wensday with my finding out that the my bank has not proccessed my loan at all, that means I am atleast three weeks away from getting my check, and that means no mustang for me. So I deside that I should just build the 35th and race it. So friday I head down to the race shop (Performance Automotive) and talk to them about building a custom cage and how much it would cost for them to take care of the rusted driver side floor pan and paint for the interior for the 35th. They told me that I would have to bring the car in to them for inspection before they could give me a price. So Sean and I went to the garage where the 35th is being stored that afternoon with a battery and jumper cables so we could get the 35th started. We had absolutley zero problems getting into the garage on friday. The battery that I had braught with me was dead from the get go and it refused to charge with the jumper cables. We spent a total of probably 20-30 minutes sitting there trying to get the 35th started. The plan was for me to hook my Optima red top from Gary's old 92 SC on the charger and use it to start the 35th saturday morning cause I was meeting Brian from Performance Automotive at the shop for around 10am.

So saturday rolls around, I wake up at 9am after a long night of drinking, put the battery on the charger, take a shower, then call Sean up to meet me at my place. We leave my place at around 10am and head over to the garage. When I got there everything looked normal, I got my key out and when I tried to put it in the slot it wouldn't go in. I was so dumbfounded that my key would not work. I even looked into the key whole and there was no ice or snow blocking it from going in. The pattern of the tumbler compared to the key looked kinda different which is why the key would not go into it. I am not sure if it looked tamperd with on the inside partly cause I dont know what to look for. The outside face of the lock was damaged though. It looked kind bent outward in the center out. I am not sure if it was like that on friday or not but Sean says that it was not because he would have noticed it if it was. We eventually went to the apartment complex's office building (the 35th is in a garage at an apartment complex, not a U-Store It kinda deal) and got a fresh set of keys cause my key is kinda bent. The fresh keys did not work either. So when we both went back to the office to bring them their keys back there where these two girls there telling them about how their apartment had been broken into that night. I guess this apartment complex has never had a break in before, well not untill now.

So the 35th is either in the garage or not, I personally think it is in there and come monday when they switch out the locks and give me my new key I should find it sitting there. Now if its not there I dont know what I will do. Its just too weird that I was just there on friday, everything was fine, I had no problems getting into my garage and now the very next morning I cant get into it at all. I pay the monthly bill and have never been late so its not like they would/could change the locks on me. Either way I am glad that I kept the insurance on the car. I am leaving work early on monday so I can get down there, get my new key and see of my beloved 35th is still there. Oh and to top it all off , the battery died in my Expedition saturday. I sure hope next week is better.

Shane

Last edited:
i would have cut that lock off with something and buy the apt people a new lock or make them do something about it right then! insurance is good thoe kinda makes the stress level a little lower for things like this :D
if it was stolen it was proboly done by someone who maybe see's you working on it or pulling it in and out of the garage alot. someone across the way
meetthefockers.jpg

35th Insurance

I wouldn't feel too comfortable with the knowledge of having theft insurance on a 90 tbird. The bluebook value is about $500.00 and I'm sure that is all insurance woudl pay. We all know our birds are worth much more than that.

cheezhdsch said:
I wouldn't feel too comfortable with the knowledge of having theft insurance on a 90 tbird. The bluebook value is about $500.00 and I'm sure that is all insurance woudl pay. We all know our birds are worth much more than that.

really ? K bluebook value in washington is about $2,350

Well nothing to worry about anymore guys. I was bord tonight and desided that I wanted to go over to the garage with my crow bar and see if I could "get into" the garage to see if my 35th was still there. When I got there I figured I would give the key one last try before I do anything drastic. To my surprise the key worked this time around so I openned up the door to find my 35th still sitting there. I was pretty happy to see it again.

Shane

it all started wensday with my finding out that the my bank has not proccessed my loan at all, that means I am atleast three weeks away from getting my check, and that means no mustang for me. So I deside that I should just build the 35th and race it.

I almost think you talk just to hear yourself. ... Shane, my wife makes more of a decision than you do man. ... Good to read that you seen your 35th though.

@

Okay...let me see if I got this straight.

The bank didn't give you the loan on the Mustang, so now your putting a roll cage in the 35th anny car :confused:

The whole drama about the lock and possible theft was because you couldn't get the key to go in the hole :eek:

David

David Neibert said:
Okay...let me see if I got this straight.

The bank didn't give you the loan on the Mustang, so now your putting a roll cage in the 35th anny car :confused:

The whole drama about the lock and possible theft was because you couldn't get the key to go in the hole :eek:

David

David,

No, its not that the bank didn't give me the loan cause they have, its just that their lazy butts lost my paper work that I faxed over to them weeks ago. So basicaly I wont get the check for another 3-4 weeks later then expected which I doubt the guy with the mustang would hold the car that long for me. So I am going to let that stang go and mod the 35th for SCCA C Prepared class.

Shane

quick35th said:
David,

No, its not that the bank didn't give me the loan cause they have, its just that their lazy butts lost my paper work that I faxed over to them weeks ago. So basicaly I wont get the check for another 3-4 weeks later then expected which I doubt the guy with the mustang would hold the car that long for me. So I am going to let that stang go and mod the 35th for SCCA C Prepared class.

Shane

Shane,

Not sure what kind of fly by night bank your dealing with. At any bank I've ever dealt with going back more than 20 years, I could get a check in hand within 2 days of application for the loan. For a loan that small you shouldn't need anything for collateral, except your signature.

David

PS: Your never going to get anything done if you don't quit acting like a junebug bouncing from one idea to another.

David Neibert said:
Shane,

Not sure what kind of fly by night bank your dealing with. At any bank I've ever dealt with going back more than 20 years, I could get a check in hand within 2 days of application for the loan. For a loan that small you shouldn't need anything for collateral, except your signature.

David

PS: Your never going to get anything done if you don't quit acting like a junebug bouncing from one idea to another.

thats what i tried to tell him

David Neibert said:

David,

I have set my path in stone this time and I am sticking to it. The 35th should be in the shop getting the cage and having the inside painted at the end of march. After that point when I get the car back the motor and suspenssion work that I have planned for it will take place. Hopefully if I have time enough it should be running in the first autocross event this year.

Shane

quick35th said:
David,

I have set my path in stone this time and I am sticking to it.
Shane

Would that be SAND stone? :D

Good to hear your 35th was where you left it and all is good.

Back