Welcome to the Hampton Roads Super Coupe Club Forum

Hampton Roads is also known by it's old name"Tidewater"...the area of SE Va.;Norfolk,Va.Beach,Chesapeake and surrounding area...Thanks for the welcome.
z

Z90SC

Hey Z,
I live close to Hampton Roads. I lived off of Mercury Blvd. in Hampton for 15 years of my life. My family has owned TCs and SCs of various years. I live near Williamsburg now. Glad to see a club around here. Im lookin for an SC and currently own a 94 LX. You can contact me at NKTbird4u2chase@aol.com. Im very interested in getting into contact with you.

Brandon

Hampton Roads is technically a body of water just off Hampton, Va. near Ft. Monroe where the James River flows into the Chesapeake Bay. The C.S.S. Virginia and the U.S.S Monitor fought the first battle of ironclad warships in and around there. Since this "area" is somewhat centrally located to all the cities of Norfolk, Va. Beach, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News and Williamsburg in addition to York and James City counties it has become a generic term to refer to the whole area. Tidewater was used much the same way 'back in the day', though it was really more oriented the south side of the James River and the side was refered to as the Peninsula.

Sorry, we had a pretty good school system when I grew up there and still remember this stuff even after I got old. ;) I lived off Mercury Blvd. for a long time too...

Hey Guys,
Sorry I havent been back in a while. Ive been crazily busy in the last few weeks. Final Exams have been killer and so has work. Anyways, I didnt get your mail Z. You guys have no idea how much i want an SC. There are 2 in my school parking lot and they dont have a clue what theyre driving. And here I am degraded to a LX. Oh well at least mine is well taken care of. i gotta run guys but keep me posted and I'll try and get down that way one day soon and drool over your rides, LOL:D

Brad

i would like hang out one day with u guys.i met some of u guys at the ffw in richmond.i was driving my green 95' sho that day but i have a 91' white w/ blue pearl super coupe also.just recently got it painted and had a cobra R hood put on it also.so let me know when u guys are gonna hang out sometime @ sho_taurus1111@yahoo.com k? thanx sho

Hey hey,
I have recently purchased a '90 SC. I am about 3 months new to this forum. I am from the Beach, so let me know of anything going on w/ the Hamton Roads club.

Later,
Metalman

I think it'd be great to get together and talk about the cars. Unfortunately for me Im not gonna go through with the deal on the SC. I pinned down a deal on a 88 Mustang GT 5 speed. I figured if an SC is quick then this GT should scream. I just wanted a V8 guys. I drove it 2 miles and I couldnt resist the sound of that 5.0 H.O. Its like a really bad addiction. But who knows. Maybe someone will want to trade an SC for it some day.

My Father has an '88 Mustang 5.0 LX (Notchback truck). You don't see too many of those. It has about 340 or 350 HP. Go-fast-goodies from the intake to the exhaust.

My oldest brother has a '95 Mustang Cobra (Last year of the 5.0's) w/ a good amount of bolt on and suspension upgrades.

The middle brother has an '88 Thunderbird 5.0 w/ about 340-350 HP and extenstive upgrade in engine, suspension, and body.

Even my Mom is driving a '95 V8 T-bird LX.

I am new to the Ford family. Prior to my '90 SC, I drove (and still have) a 1989 Firebird. At least I am still sticking w/ a bird. So, as you see, I have some major family competition to work w/ here. It's gonna be a fun time w/ the SC :)

Later,
Metalman

Well my mom babies her forest green metallic 97 5.0 Mountaineer, completely and utterly stock. Dad has a 'go-fast' 1966 GT notchback with a 347 stroker. Everything from a RPMII intake to a set of Jack Rousch pistons and a twisted crank to a HD C4 with a 3800 stall. Dynoed at just under 480hp.

Basically theres no point in chasing dad, unless he's driving his daily driver, a 94 F150. Mom..... well I dont exacly dust her. 210hp/265lb/ft isnt bad for an Explorer based SUV.

Even my best friend has a 93 SVT Lightning.

Time for a healthy dose of RWD HP for me, Ive got stiff competition.

Well I still havent nailed down the perfect SC for me yet, but Id love to see y'alls cars. Anyone up for this weekend? Im in the Richmond area so I'll need a heads-up so I can plan it. Its a 45min. drive for me to Norfolk and thats IF the tunnel isnt bad. Let me know guys!

Brandon

Brandon,come on down.....there's a good sized meet on Sat nites here in the beach area....
z

Hmmm sounds like a plan. Id really like to spend some time a round a bunch of nice SC's so that i can get a feel for the kind of SC I want. I had no idea how popular 89-93 Black SCs are! WOW Theyre all over the classifieds!

Hey Sho_Taurus, where at in hampton? I grew up there in Fox Hill off of Fairfield blvd. I agree with you.... we all need to get together and hang out on a saturday. Im free tomorrow, anyone else?

Come on down to Jenros' on Independence Blvd in "the Beach" on Sat evening.....starts at 3pm but nothing really gets going till around 4:30 or later,tomorrow [11/1] will be the last wkend there,beginning next wkend we are gonna' try to get going at Giant Sq again.If you need directions to Jenros' look for Haygood SC on mapquest .....corner of Independence Blvd and Haygood Rd in Va Beach...zip 23455.
Should be some of us SC'ers there.
z

Back